seaweed? do you eat it? resources and recipes?

Options
I love to eat seaweed at sushi but I'm wondering if anyone has integrated it into their daily/weekly cooking and food intake?

Anyone have resources on how nutritious and/or sustainable it is to eat on a daily basis?

Tips to cook with it? Just throw a handful into a stirfry? Curry? Bolognaise? Chili? On a burger?

Where to buy or order seaweed in Canada?

Replies

• TheDevastator
    TheDevastator Posts: 1,626 Member
    Options
    I eat sweet kelp or wakame once a week or so. I've read that you shouldn't eat too much since it provides so much iodine. I buy it from vitacost.
  • janjunie
    janjunie Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    I love to eat seaweed at sushi but I'm wondering if anyone has integrated it into their daily/weekly cooking and food intake?

Anyone have resources on how nutritious and/or sustainable it is to eat on a daily basis?

Tips to cook with it? Just throw a handful into a stirfry? Curry? Bolognaise? Chili? On a burger?

Where to buy or order seaweed in Canada?

Depending on where you are in Canada, you can find it at any Asian grocery store. Bigger grocery chains like Superstore and TNT will also have it. I've added it to salads and eaten it crispy (think kale chips).

• Linzon
    Linzon Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    I like to eat it plain. You can also get packets of flavoured seaweed to eat as a snack.
  • pinggolfer96
    pinggolfer96 Posts: 2,248 Member
    Options
    Seaweed salads :love: :love:
  • ladipoet
    ladipoet Posts: 4,180 Member
    Options
  • MelaniaTrump
    MelaniaTrump Posts: 2,694 Member
    Options
    Why not just eat the snack packs.
    They are awesome.
    In the chinese food section at walmart. Next to the Jewish food section. Next to the mexican section