Hoo you stay on track when you have a....

Options
kmaf2016
kmaf2016 Posts: 51 Member
weekend away with your family which results in nice meals/drinks etc etc....

On Monday I joined the MFP but only calorie counting (i.e. I don't count my macros)....I was previously doing slimming world but it just wasn't working for me...I originally joined MFP in Jan 2015 to lose weight for my wedding in August and was successful although I did lose lots of inches as opposed to the number on the scales plus in the Jan I also joined a gym and I think that helped with my weight loss too. Since I got married last August my weight has fluctuated between a couple of pound so nothing major (i.e. no big weight gain or anything) but I do need to lose a couple more stone so I joined slimming world in Feb this year but just didn't feel in control and comfortable with the "eat as much as you want" method needless to say I again fluctuated between those couple of pounds. I workout everyday except for the weekend and my eating is probably 70% good and 30% bad...Through the week I do eat well and am able to make better food choices but come the weekend and I find it harder...So upon advice from a nutritionist I just started calorie counting on Monday and I'm on 1500 per day, this week I've averaged around 1400 per day but tomorrow I'm going away with family for the weekend and I really want to have a positive mindset when it comes to choosing better/healthier food choices, I don't want to deprive myself fully but I do want to be sensible....

Do you have any tips/tricks to stay on track....I also love my wine which works out approx. 500 calories per bottle, any tips for low cal drinks...

Thanks for reading..

Replies

• Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,575 Member
    Options
    Eat lighter throughout the week so you have several hundred extra calories for the weekend. I do this every week because the weekends are always filled with more food and wine than the weekdays.

Also, though it does vary, most wine is closer to 600 calories per bottle.