Calories burned while bowling?

Options
2»

Replies

• AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    Then why is bowling even included in MFP if it's not some form of exercise?

Good question. I would guess you never hear anyone say I am going to the bowling alley to get a good workout...

I also have to wonder why "Cleaning, heavy, vigorous effort" is listed as well.

Exactly because of what Zoey said:
    ...The mfp database is full of daily life tasks that people believe are exercise. A lot of newcomers will log things like grocery shopping, walking to the mailbox and cleaning their bathroom as exercise...

Heck, I work up quite a sweat lying in the sun tanning in my back yard. I even get up once in a while to refill my drink and/or jump in the pool. But I don't log it as exercise.
  • Larissa_NY
    Larissa_NY Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    I'm guessing that stuff is there because if it weren't, MFP would be deluged by help-desk tickets from the "If it makes a fat person sweat it must be cardio" crowd, wanting to know why they can't "get credit" for the 1800 calories they're sure they burned by ironing for an hour. If I were responsible for that tech, I too would throw up my hands and decree that if voting adults want to reward themselves with food for cleaning the bathroom, let them do it; it's that much longer they'll be on our site reading our ads.