Slim fast day 2

Options
Going well so far . Had my shake for breakfast and for lunch. Drank as much water as I could all day at work. Got home at 6 and was fairly hungry. Not as much as I thought I'd be though but maybe this is because My body hasn't caught up with the diet change yet. Had a healthy size portion of chicken veg and rice. Feeling quite satisfied . Side effect from today was needing to pee every 20 minutes but I can live with that. Didn't find it any easier to get out of bed this morning (something I really struggle with) didn't feel as tired during the day though but no major change. Weekend will be a challenge but I'm allowing myself Sunday off. 1 day a week to look forward to will keep me going . And there's no way I'm giving up my Sunday dinner ! Mmmm

Replies

• StacyChrz
    StacyChrz Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    I agree with @MissusMoon. How many calories are you consuming? Remember that anything less than 1200 net calories is not advisable unless you are under a doctor's supervision. Eating real food in a reasonable amount is really not that hard once you make the decision to do it.
  • socioseguro
    socioseguro Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    I second @MissusMoon. Slimfast is not required to lose body weight. If you use MFP and eat at a deficit you will lose body weight.
    Using a food scale is a must.
    I lost 16 pounds using MFP. It is free, no need to pay for Slimfast
    Good luck in your healthy journey
  • myheartsabattleground
    myheartsabattleground Posts: 2,040 Member
    Options
    Stop wasting your money.
  • xmichaelyx
    xmichaelyx Posts: 883 Member
    Options
    In my skinny younger days (pre-internet) I used to use Slim Fast as a weight gainer. It worked great.
  • DeficitDuchess
    DeficitDuchess Posts: 3,099 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    xmichaelyx wrote: »
    In my skinny younger days (pre-internet) I used to use Slim Fast as a weight gainer. It worked great.

I used it to maintain my weight, after oral surgery; before Ensure existed.
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    MissusMoon wrote: »
    I really wish you would heed all the good and healthy advice offered to you yesterday.

For new people who may be reading this, please trust MFP. Many here have lost significant amounts of weight--myself 35.5 and counting--eating real food at the healthy and sustainable calorie amounts given in our profiles.

Yep we spent a lot time on that thread. Its only day 2. Wait until Day 5, 6, and so on.

I hope there is no such thing as Slimfast bragging rights and "I eat less calories than I supposed to" bragging rights.

face palm

• FitPhillygirl
    FitPhillygirl Posts: 7,124 Member
    Options
    What happens when you've lost all the weight that you wanted to and eventually return to "eatting" real food again? :|
  • astrampe
    astrampe Posts: 2,169 Member
    Options
    You obviously are not interested in any opinions...Why don't you talk to us in about three months and let us know how it went for you.....
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    Lolz.
  • MichelleLea122
    MichelleLea122 Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    astrampe wrote: »
    You obviously are not interested in any opinions...Why don't you talk to us in about three months and let us know how it went for you.....

I don't even think we need to wait that long. Sunday is her off day, which in my opinion is a recipe for disaster.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,564 Member
    Options
    You were hungry because you basically ate nothing.

In your other thread we told you this was unsustainable. Eat at a reasonable deficit and you'll lose weight, no fad diets or kickstarts required. And you'll feel a lot better.
  • Noelani1503
    Noelani1503 Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    Well this will be fun. Are we gonna get a post a day? Is this your diary?
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,725 Member
    Options
    Drinking Slimfast does nothing to address the issue you have for weight gain..........................meaning you aren't addressing how to eat FOOD correctly and in moderate portions.
    Trust that this isn't a story I've heard just a few times.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • Elvinjone
    Elvinjone Posts: 2 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    @MissusMoon what is MFP i found fitness type website and i get help from this SITE
  • PoundChaser2
    PoundChaser2 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Eileen_S wrote: »
    What happens when you've lost all the weight that you wanted to and eventually return to "eatting" real food again? :|

10 pounds
  • FionaPlum
    FionaPlum Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Good luck with it Gemma, I'm on day 11 and loving the ease and structure to it.