Motivation Needed

Options
Hello everyone, my name is Sherelle and I'd hate to say it but I'm am morbidly obese and weight 355 pounds. I am only 18 years old and I already have high blood pressure. I have also been pretty big. I gained even more weight when I had my son. I was also stressed and suffered depression which made me eat encredible about of food. Even my family is big. My Docter has told me multiple times to lose weight or I could someday suffer from a heart attack or stroke. I have tried everything from eating right and exercise and drinking plenty of water. I even got my birth control removed to make sure it is not the cause of my obesity. I am scheduled to get Laparoscopic Surgery to help me but they require me to still lose weight before the surgery. I need help. I need motivation. I know in fat and unattractive. But I am trying my best to fix it SO, I am looking for someone to motivate me ..uai74l31vtpe.jpeg

Replies

• BABetter1
    BABetter1 Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    You are overweight. You are not unattractive. You are very beautiful. Now, if you want to lose weight, sorry to say only you can motivate yourself. Yes, it does help to have friends with similar goals who will say "come one, let's go walk". But ultimately, if you don't want it badly enough for yourself . . . .
  • slifter16
    slifter16 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I really did need that speech. It's not easy but like you said, only I can motivate myself if I really want it that bad. I'm trying my best but I guess I'll have to just try harder.
  • Penthesilea514
    Penthesilea514 Posts: 1,189 Member
    Options
    You are beautiful! You can find some motivation and support here, but the bulk of it has to come from within. You need to want to make the changes and take a good hard look at what you are doing and why you formed those habits. Logging is a really great place to start. MFP has a lot of good people and information. Check the forums and find the stickied posts for each section that are "must reads". I have copied the Getting Started posts below:

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10300331/most-helpful-posts-getting-started-must-reads#latest

I wish you luck on your journey and remember- you are totally worthy of leading a happy and healthy life. And if you want a friend, feel free to add me. Good luck!
  • slifter16
    slifter16 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much. That really helped.
  • Penthesilea514
    Penthesilea514 Posts: 1,189 Member
    Options
    Accepted :D