Need advice about supplements...

Options
mnec2010
mnec2010 Posts: 132 Member
OK, so I'm doing a 28 day fitness program to start (actually made it to day 16 and fell off the wagon for a week so I'm restarting)....

So anyway, doing the program it's 30-45 minutes per day... Combination of hiit with strength (body weight mostly)... Goal is fat loss (15 lbs) with muscle toning (not serious bulking but I would like to gain muscle).

Right now on top of my exercise.. And eating as clean as I can (80% if I had to guess).. I'm taking a multivitamin, super hd once per day and 3 clk.. With Bcaa during my workout and a protein shake after. Is this ok for my goal? I haven't really talked to anybody about my supplements I just started taking them so I'd like to make sure nothing is counteracting anything else or sabotaging my specific goals...

Replies

• Packerjohn
    Packerjohn Posts: 4,855 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Actually probably don't need anything (maybe the multi-vitamin for insurance).

Best of luck.
  • Buff_Man
    Buff_Man Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    Work on a good diet with good fats, protein, fruit and veg. My advice, go slow. You want a lifestyle that will allow u to drop/keep bodyfat low but not make you want to kill yourself!
  • cityruss
    cityruss Posts: 2,493 Member
    Options
    None.

There's no reason you can't get what you need from food.

And you certainly don't need to be bothering with intra-workouts or specific pre or post workout nutrition with the level of exercise stated above.
  • elphie754
    elphie754 Posts: 7,574 Member
    Options
    To lose weight, you need to be in a calorie deficit. To gain weight (muscle) you need to be in a calorie surplus (aside from newbie gains). It is unlikely that you will gain muscle in a deficit.
  • mnec2010
    mnec2010 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    elphie754 wrote: »
    To lose weight, you need to be in a calorie deficit. To gain weight (muscle) you need to be in a calorie surplus (aside from newbie gains). It is unlikely that you will gain muscle in a deficit.

So, how do I tone while losing weight. I don't have a ton of fat to lose. I'm 5'5, 150 lbs I'd like to get to 135. I do have body fat but would love to tone /firm up (had a baby a year ago).
  • bellabonbons
    bellabonbons Posts: 705 Member
    Options
    For extra protection I always take a balanced multivitamin mineral. I take additional C and always Alpha lipolytic acid. I took nutrition courses in college and I have a registered dietitian that I consult with important to to stay within the RDAs because many vitamins and minerals can be toxic when taken in extreme amounts.