20 somethings wanting to lose 20 something

Options
Hi! I'm 25 years old. I've lost about 50 lbs since my heaviest overall, but have fluctuated within the same 15 lbs over the last 18 months. I have a trip to Vegas in just under 2 months and want to lose 20 lbs before I go! I know with the right diet, exercise, and support it can be done. Add me if this is a similar type goal and we can motivate eachother.

Replies

• astrampe
    astrampe Posts: 2,169 Member
    Options
    Losing 20 pounds in 2 months when you don't have that much to lose is not realistic. Stick to eating enough, and start a weight training program - you might not lose 20lbs, but you will look and feel better.... Enjoy Vegas, as long as you are not falling around naked on the strip, chances are no-one will ask you how much you weigh... :-)
  • KiyaK
    KiyaK Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    I'm 29 & would like to lose abt 16 more lbs.

I do agree that 20lbs in 2 months is unrealistic if you're anywhere close to your goal weight. I would be ecstatic if I lost my weight in 4 months. (1lb per week) but my history has shown that I have trouble sticking to that pace. Especially since im close to my healthy weight for height. As long as I'm getting smaller, I'm good.
  • Marqiiz
    Marqiiz Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    I agree with astrampe