Healthy Foods

Options
slifter16
slifter16 Posts: 53 Member
I'm in need of finding some SIMPLE healthy breakfast, lunch, dinner etc. recipes. I have looked EVERYWHERE for some and I always come across something bizarre. For example, " Baked Talapia with lemon juice, pepper, and paprika, next to a dead fish with a banana coming out of its mouth, on a flour bed, with pepper.. " I just need some ideas of SIMPLE healthy recipes that a 18 year old can make. Please provide ideas .. Thank you

Replies

• SueSueDio
    SueSueDio Posts: 4,796 Member
    Options
    I looked up "simple recipes for beginners" and got a ton of hits - I don't know how healthy/low-calorie those recipes are, but it looks like there should be plenty out there if you hunt around. You could also try checking out some cookbooks at the book store, there are bound to be some with easy recipes! (Maybe something aimed at students?)

I know what you mean, though - sometimes I follow a link for a recipe that sounds good, but then find it needs lots of weird ingredients or things I didn't think would be in there/don't like. And should be served on a gold platter. With a Faberge egg. ;)
  • slifter16
    Options
    Lol that's awesome thanks , and yeah I understand I'll look up a simple healthy recipe, then here comes oaster leg stew, baked fish eye with no salt chips , lol
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    I have no idea what sites you are looking at to get such odd results, but try Skinnytaste.com
  • slifter16
    Options
    Thanks , but I was being a little dramatic , but there are some recipes that are bizarre like that lol . But thank you
  • SueSueDio
    Options

Some of those recipes are deserving of drama! ;)

fs17xgce515a.jpg
  • slifter16
    Options
    Lol right !?
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    This video explains cooking
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Jj1fhYZJjek
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    slifter16 wrote: »
    I'm in need of finding some SIMPLE healthy breakfast, lunch, dinner etc. recipes. I have looked EVERYWHERE for some and I always come across something bizarre. For example, " Baked Talapia with lemon juice, pepper, and paprika, next to a dead fish with a banana coming out of its mouth, on a flour bed, with pepper.. " I just need some ideas of SIMPLE healthy recipes that a 18 year old can make. Please provide ideas .. Thank you

Google "three ingredient recipes." Or try four ingredient.
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    ...Could you link the recipe with the fish and the banana? I just need to see that. XD

I've been using Yummly and Pinterest for recipes. Slow cooker recipes are usually pretty simple. Just throw some ingredients into the cooker and set it to low for however long you need to.
  • slifter16
    Options
    LOL , I over exaggerated just a tab bit haha. But thanks for the ideas
  • SueSueDio
    Options
    Oh, crockpot! I forgot about that!

Took me a while to find it (I really need to organise my bookmarks!), but if you have a crockpot this is a really easy recipe to do and tastes good! All you really need to do is brown the chicken thighs, and even I can manage that. ;)

http://www.myrecipes.com/recipe/sesame-ginger-chicken

Another easy one is a turkey chili recipe I found on eatingwell.com - I can't get to the page now because I think it wants me to subscribe, so it's not displaying the recipe! But search for St. Louis Slinger - it was the turkey chili that goes with that, and it was pretty easy to make.

Finally, my family really likes this recipe too (and it makes lots and freezes well!) - http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10310875/most-efficient-effective-meal-recipe-ryans-texas-brown-rice-beef/p1

Hope that helps!

(The idea of looking for 3 or 4 ingredient recipes is a great one, too!)
  • slifter16
    Options
    Thanks you Sue !!
  • emivanae
    emivanae Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    If you can bake or grill some chicken breast then you can keep in the fridge to add in several things. Shred it and add cheese and make tacos or tortillas. Add a can of plain tomato sauce, and a cup of brown rice, a tbsp of honey and have a one pot meal that is awesome with a baked sweet potato. I also make beans from dried beans multiple times a week... Just soak overnight then bake. Google the details if you're interested. Refried beans is as easy as mashing them up in a skillet. Breakfast is easy if you like oats. I soak in a pint jar in almond milk with blueberries overnight. Don't forget fruit too! I love cooking so message me if you need more ideas!
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    Try to get a copy of the Mark Bittman How to Cook Everything book. I taught myself to cook with that, and it's really well explained and simple.