Does anyone HAVE to record their food?

Options
valskeete
valskeete Posts: 53 Member
I notice recording food makes me more in control. I generally go on a rampage if I don't keep myself accountable keeping a diary. Anyone with similar experiences?

Replies

• queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    It's eye opening keeping a food diary.
  • rankinsect
    rankinsect Posts: 2,238 Member
    Options
    Yeah, when I don't have a plan, I tend to go off the rails pretty quickly. Planning my days in advance is a must for me.
  • MelaniaTrump
    MelaniaTrump Posts: 2,694 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    I have learned so much....
    Sugar was my first slap on the face.
  • valskeete
    valskeete Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Also, it's been 2 yrs since I started recording. I thought I was ready to not keep a diary a few weeks ago. Operative word: THOUGHT. I've learned to understand different foods, listen to my body and what works for me, but I still fail. Does it ever end?
  • nickolecrane
    nickolecrane Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I found that if I don't I am less accountable to myself, and then my phone makes me feel guilty by flashing the icon at me that I haven't logged my food today. Lol. I also have to track to report in to my nutritionist and bariatric surgeon.
  • AlyM725
    AlyM725 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Not only do I have to log, I have to pre log my entire week. It may be a symptom of my OCD, but it's working. I like being prepared, knowing everything I'm going to eat ahead of time. It helps me stay on track.
  • Queenmunchy
    Queenmunchy Posts: 3,380 Member
    Options
    I have calorie counting documents going back almost 20 years!
  • STEVE142142
    STEVE142142 Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    Agree with all the posters. It's so easy to blow your calories without even realizing it. It makes me accountable to myself. About a month ago I realized I'm going to have to count calories for the rest of my life but the benefits and the results are definitely worth it have a good day.