Food timings and calories

Options
So today I won't get to eat my main calorie (1000+) meal till about 11.30pm I'll still be in a calorie deficit for the day BUT I'll be going straight to bed after also it's my cheat day tomorrow and I know I'll be going over my calories, I was wondering if eating so many calories so close to when I have my cheat day will effect my weight loss since I won't be moving much after eating.

Replies

• RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    The body is not paying attention to timing. It is the amount of calories.
  • ConicalFern
    ConicalFern Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    If you're really worried about going over calories, don't have a cheat day. But no, timings won't matter. As others have said, have a target for the week (including your cheat day).
  • chimaerandi
    chimaerandi Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Villae81 wrote: »
    If timing is not important then the 16/8 Intermittent fasting is bunk?

It's not 'bunk' in the way that keto/atkins/any way of eating is not bunk--it helps some people stick to a caloric deficit. But does it have any magic properties beyond that? Nah, it doesn't.
  • hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member
    Options
    It shouldn't affect your weight loss, but you may experience acid reflux o.o If you can help it, I wouldn't suggest doing that.
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    Options
    If you're really worried about going over calories, don't have a cheat day. But no, timings won't matter. As others have said, have a target for the week (including your cheat day).
    This.
    Include the foods that you love in your every day calories. This is what I did and I've lost 85lbs.
  • Neanbean13
    Neanbean13 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    I agree. I don't do cheat meals. I incorporate what I love eating into my daily calories. Burgers, pizza. Whatever. I dropped 2 dress sizes in 2 months. I don't get cravings like I did before (I used to do the cheat meal thing) plus it's more sustainable.