Ate pizza yesterday, ran 13 miles today, it's all about balance :smile:

You've inspired me maybe I'll run 13 today
  • williammuney
    williammuney Posts: 2,895 Member
    Options
    Orphia wrote: »
    June 4:
    Orphia wrote: »
    Like @katharmonic I started running in September when walking just seemed too slow.

I ran 500 metres, was knackered, but I was hooked. I started C25K a few days later, and finished it on December 5th. I was so happy!

I'm now obsessed with all things running!

Since October I've done (or volunteered at) parkrun every week, and I now run at least 4 times a week.

My longest distance so far is 16 km, and I hope to beat that tomorrow, and do a Half Marathon soon. I'm 49.

Did my first Half Marathon on June 26!

My burn:

First%20Half%20Marathon%2020160626%20Fitbit_zpsmyn7dymu.jpg

Heck I don't know if I could do that right now great job!
  • Budjola
    Budjola Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    60 minutes run every day. about 750 kcal burned
  • Mini_Medic
    Mini_Medic Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    I love running! Hoping to work up to a half marathon next spring. So far I'm doing 10ks and trying to break the 6-8 mile range that I'm stuck in. I'm 25 and have been running on and off since i was a kid. It's my time to zone out, listen to music I love and think through things.
  • TarbearT
    TarbearT Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I LOVE running. I've been running since 2012. I'm training for a half, so bring on the healthy noms. I need clean fuel for the burn. This week I ran 48 miles, so yesterday I went to Yoyo Berri. Better than Christmas, for sure. So far tracking my portions is helping me reach a good race weight, but running definitely helps too. A woman can't really eat much if she doesn't exercise even in maintenance.
  • CrabNebula
    CrabNebula Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options
    I run for food.

I had to cut back because my left knee is not having it after a mile or two in. Instead, I am forced into doing lower impact incline walking. Usually 8-9% at 4.5ish MPH. It burns around as many calories and time seems to drag, but do what I got to do.
  • chgonzalez1978
    chgonzalez1978 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I love to run. Running was the biggest influence on my weight loss. In the last year and 1/2 I've love 130lbs. I went from 305 to 170. I currently run 5 to 6 daily.
  • Derek_McC
    Derek_McC Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Haven't run in decades due to avascular necrosis and then hip replacements, but I am riding my bike again. It is nice to see how just an hour on the bike opens up new calorie opportunities.
  • Myki3012
    Myki3012 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Do you guys recommend c25k? I've been trying to up my distance running up to 2km every Saturday but it still absolutely spends me and I tend to struggle mentally after four or five hundred metres. I REALLY want to master running and enjoy it, and I do on the days I feel really good after few hundred metre run.

Does wearing glasses affect your ability to be an effective runner? It's probably just another mental thing but curious from others who wear glasses and run.
  • Damien_K
    Damien_K Posts: 783 Member
    Options
    Trail runner here! The video below is the reason why us Kiwis are blessed to be able to run outdoors in nature

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Kbm-83HOpA
  • jennypapage
    jennypapage Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    Myki3012 wrote: »
    Do you guys recommend c25k? I've been trying to up my distance running up to 2km every Saturday but it still absolutely spends me and I tend to struggle mentally after four or five hundred metres. I REALLY want to master running and enjoy it, and I do on the days I feel really good after few hundred metre run.

Does wearing glasses affect your ability to be an effective runner? It's probably just another mental thing but curious from others who wear glasses and run.

i wear glasses and have no problems with running because of them.c25k will definitely help you build your endurance slowly, give it a go. it helped me go from barely running 1' ,to running 20' non stop in 5 weeks. i always thought i was not made for running ,and now that i realise that that's not the case, i'm loving it.
  • _Bro
    _Bro Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    The only marathon I would enjoy would be on NetFlixs.
    Seriously, the only fun part of running is when it is over ;0
  • jaegerbss
    jaegerbss Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I have to admit that I used running as my first type of cardio when I began losing. Now I use it to help keep the calories balanced. But most of all I like the high. I've turned into an endorphin fiend. Training for my first 26.2 in November and pull 2-3 mini's a season now. I still get antsy if I can't run. It's been a great outlet for me both mentally and physically.
  • BasicGreatGuy
    BasicGreatGuy Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    I love running as well, especially long distances. Saturday is my long, slow run day and I start looking forward to it, (again) as soon as I get done. During the week, I run anywhere from 13 - 15 miles a day (4 days in a row) and on Saturday, I run anywhere from 20 - 35 miles (often on the trails). It is a magical experience from the inside out each time I lace up the running shoes.