Toning up

Options
I decided I dont want to lose anymore weight. I just want to tone my thighs and stomach. Do I still have to eat 1200 calories a day or do I eat at maintenance and do cardio along with weights ?

Replies

• queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    Go with the second option :D
  • queenliz99
    Options
    Villae81 wrote: »
    queenliz99 wrote: »

How does maintenance work while still working out? Coz in my mind here's how I'm looking at it let say I have my activity set to light active and my maintenance is at 2500 Cal so if I eat 2500 while still doing my light activity no working out then I'm in maintenance but if I added cardio and weights won't I be on deficit?

Then you eat back your calorie burn.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    You eat at maintenance and do WEIGHTS, along with with some cardio if you want.
  • mitch16
    mitch16 Posts: 2,113 Member
    Options

How does maintenance work while still working out? Coz in my mind here's how I'm looking at it let say I have my activity set to light active and my maintenance is at 2500 Cal so if I eat 2500 while still doing my light activity no working out then I'm in maintenance but if I added cardio and weights won't I be on deficit?

But remember, the burn from lifting (even lifting heavy) is pretty miniscule.
  • queenliz99
    Options
    mitch16 wrote: »

But remember, the burn from lifting (even lifting heavy) is pretty miniscule.

But he said he added cardio with weight training, I was addressing the cardio part of his statement.
  • RoseTheWarrior
    RoseTheWarrior Posts: 2,035 Member
    Options
    healthy491 wrote: »
    I decided I dont want to lose anymore weight. I just want to tone my thighs and stomach. Do I still have to eat 1200 calories a day or do I eat at maintenance and do cardio along with weights ?

Eat at maintenance and do weights. Only do cardio in minimal amounts, if you enjoy it. Three or so times a week for 20-30 minutes is more than enough to keep your endurance up. "Toning" means building your muscles so you can see them, since you can't by definition "tone" a muscle. You don't need to lose weight, so yes, definitely eat at maintenance, and eat back your exercise calories. Read the thread posted about recomposition. That's definitely what you want.
  • queenliz99
    Options

Cool that makes more sense but there are some days though when I burn more than I can eat lol

I have days like that, it all evens out. I keep track of my weekly calories instead.