If I ever feel like bingeing

Options
Before I do anything I enter into the diary everything I am craving...look at the calories , then think no waaaay! then I delete it out and get something healthy....sometimes just entering those things in the diary is enough to stop you before the binge ????????????????????????????????????????????????

Replies

• jennagoogles13
    Options
    I force myself to be accountable for everything when I binge, so knowing I'm going to have to log every single little thing makes it that much less appealing!
  • georgieroadrunner
    georgieroadrunner Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Well I have just had dinner and about to brush my teeth to stop the temptation of post-dinner binge!!! :bigsmile:
  • teenytinybikini
    teenytinybikini Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I go into denial, eat everything I fancy then back on track.
  • DMicheleC
    DMicheleC Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    My time for wanting to binge is when I get home from work, as I'm cooking dinner, so I normally go out for a run or keep myself busy so I don't think about the food, the worse thing is that you are cooking in the kitchen where all the food is that you want to eat. One of the things I have done is put all the biscuits, cakes and crisps out of sight, so no biscuist barrel. I only have fruit, nuts and veggies on display, so if I want to reach for something I reach for them instead. I must admit that at weekend I do have the occasional blow out, but then I'm back on track, so far it hasn't done me much harm.
  • Jessica_D_Shadow
    Jessica_D_Shadow Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    If I ever feel like bingeing I grab water bottle after water bottle. If that doesn't work I distract myself with a workout. Those 10min snacking could be 10min of squats! Go buns & thighs!!!
  • TMcChamp
    TMcChamp Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    it's generally dairy (ice cream) and i sit in pain for 12-24 hours... mm lactose.
  • coopers11
    coopers11 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I have boughtsnack size oreos - 2 cookies, 106 calories. Not too much to feel guilty but enough to satisfy my sugar craving. :)
  • jen_zz
    jen_zz Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    If I ever feel like bingeing I grab water bottle after water bottle. If that doesn't work I distract myself with a workout. Those 10min snacking could be 10min of squats! Go buns & thighs!!!

oh man, if only i squat every time i binge, i would have super shapely bum by now!
  • SkinnyMozza
    SkinnyMozza Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I find once its in my head... I can put it off for days... but eventually I cave to the craving. :( Might try and follow some of these great tips and see if they work for me..
  • wyldflowrr_6
    Options
    That's a great tip! :)
  • TammTammS
    TammTammS Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I make a bag of popcorn so i can eat the whole thing and not feel bad.....Angel food cake also works for me...I don't need to eat the whole thing to get rid of the feeling and what i do eat usually isn't that bad. I have to stay away from ice cream and cookies since i can just keep on eating them and they add up quick
  • granitendirt
    Options
    I love all these pieces of advice.

What I've gotten in the habit it doing (and it's taken years to get to this point!) is when I find myself craving something really badly, I'll stop and assess what I'm feeling. It's kind of hard to pull myself out of the moment sometimes to do this; it takes practice!

First I'll ask if I'm really hungry. If I am - I'll go ahead and eat, but then think about making a nice satisfying meal instead of just eating lots of random stuff.

If I'm not hungry but am craving something anyways, I'll ask myself how badly I really want it and if it would fit in my general calorie goal for the day. Sometimes I eat it, sometimes I don't.

Sometimes in this process I'll discover it's not hunger or even a craving that's driving this snacking, but an emotion. I might be sad, scared, stressed, happy, bored, you name it. Usually just identifying this is enough to make me stop the behavior. I might instead take active steps to deal with whatever emotion is going on (ex: bored, I pick up a book. Angry, I try and think things through...). I'm not one to meditate but that would probably help.

Sorry for the psycho-analytical post. It's how I've learned to work through binging behavior, though.