5ft 8 women, what is your goal?

Options
124»

Replies

• nkayyy
    nkayyy Posts: 46
    Options
    I'm 5'9" but all leg, so I tend to consider myself 5'8" for fitness purposes.

Right now I'm hovering around 133-135. I'm happy with my body here, but I feel best at 125-130.
  • sydoe94
    sydoe94 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    125 lbs is my UGW. Only 14 lbs left to lose! :)
  • SailorKnightWing
    SailorKnightWing Posts: 875 Member
    Options
    5'8", currently at 156 from 165. My goal is 145. That'll put me at a BMI of 22, size six, and in the middle of my healthy weight range. Seems like a good goal to me. Once I hit that I'm going to try to regain some muscle strength because mine atrophied when I was really sick several years ago and I never regained them. I'm hoping to build up some stamina with some cardio, lest I accidentally kill myself with any strength training.
  • poseyj88
    poseyj88 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I'm a hair shy of 5'8" and my current goal is 145. I think my ultimate goal is 140, but my body seems happiest at 145.

I'm a medium-build pear shape : )
  • CysterWigs
    CysterWigs Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    My goal is 160.

Let me clarify: A FIT 160. I want to be healthier about it this time around.

I once got down to 135 from 220 and I didn't feel very comfortable with that weight or what it took to maintain it. I genuinely have a massive bone structure. At 5'8" and 135 lbs I was a size 14. Wrap your head around the reality of a bony 40" rib cage. I have big hips, too. I'm cool with being an hourglass - it certainly helps the weight look better when it comes back on - but it's a double edged sword. It was a very harsh reality for me when the weight came off but my size stayed the same. I was a size 14 at 160, just as I was at 135, and I felt much healthier there. At 135 I craved food all day and night and had nightmares about binging. The goal should be about what makes you feel good and what you can maintain and not just what looks good, I guess.
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8" too and looking to get to 180. I have a large frame and very athletic build. I have had multiple people guess that I currently weight 160 - 165, which makes me feel really good, but it's far from what I actually weigh. I think getting down to the 160's is too much for me and I am not sure I could maintain that.

I'm looking to get to a weight that is maintainable and healthy for me, not what the charts say.
    This is my mind set as well.. I'd much rather lose the body fat and turn it into muscle than have a lower scale weight and higher body fat %.

But we're all in a different spot and have different goals.. I try not to worry too much about the scale right now..but more how my clothes are getting looser and the other changes in my body, to me those matter much more than a number. Less pressure for me!:happy:
  • queenzomby
    Options
    Im just under 5'8 and my goal at the moment is 150. However, 140 would be ideal.
  • msstatz
    msstatz Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8" and am at 116.4. My original goal was 125 but have list a little more than that now. I'm currently training for a marathon.
  • Bellasoxie
    Bellasoxie Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi there, I am currently targeting 74 kg (163lbl), which was where I got to last year when I got married. My weight has snuck back up to the 79-80 kg mark. I would love to get down to the 70 kg mark, but have not been there since I was 30, I am 40 way too soon :-)
    By the way I have an athletic build, broad sholders and carry a lot of muscle in my legs. I do a mix of cardio and weight training about 3-4 times a week. I like fit and strong best but struggle because I like food too much.
  • Gwen_B
    Gwen_B Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8" and I'm 145 pounds though my goal weight was 150. I am big boned and have no desire to be skinny, so I have to make sure I don't loose any more weight!
  • dogladytwo
    dogladytwo Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    5' 8.5" at 145 with good muscle mass and am hoping to keep it right here!:drinker: