100lbs seems so far

Options
2»

Replies

• janna956
    janna956 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Tiffyrh07 wrote: »
    I need to lose at least 100lbs but it seems like it's never gonna come. I've tried losing weight so many times before and the most I've lost was about 15 pounds and then I would give up and go right back to my old ways. My weight got up to 245lbs within the past year. Now I weight 238.4 but it seems to be bouncing back and fourth and I've been over 200lbs for the past 6 or 7 years. Feel free to add me for support.

I too need the support of many people who are in the same boat as I am. I have been trying to loose 100 lbs or more for years. I have started with Ideal Protien. Now. And I refuse to give up. No matter how much my husband laughs at me. I'll just have to show him. Even if it kills me. I quit smoking about 10 years ago. That was a hard thing. I can do hard thing's. This is a hard thing I know I can do it. I will not give up. Add me to your support group.
  • crazypeachs
    crazypeachs Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Maybe it would work better for you if you changed the way you think about how much you want to lose. Instead of I want to lose 100# which seems daunting, think...." I can lose 1 lb, 100 times". Give yourself rewards when you meet certain weight loss goals. Like at 10, 20, 30 lbs lost etc.

It was a real eye-opener for me, i was logging details into UA Record for the first time yesterday, and got to the spot where it asked for my goal weight. i started entering my ultimate goal weight, when i read what it said, that my goal weight should be 259-289. wait, what? that's still pretty big. so i clicked on the 'more info' option. basically, it said, set stepping-stone goals. then you feel like you've accomplished something. then you can change it. OK! I can do that!

also, the goals. my husband and i set some goals that seemed very lofty. like, when i break 300 i get a bike. 24lbs later i get a new fitbit that i've been wanting. the numbers seemed so far away, but with the little progress i've made, i realized, i break 300 in 6 POUNDS!!! I CAN DO THIS! I GOT THIS! and when i start getting discouraged, i look at my list that is on my phone, and think of where i am and where i've come from, and i can focus. and i just hope i remember this post next time i get discouraged. a couple weeks ago i had a few days that i let myself go. i drank a bunch of soda. i gained 4lbs back. i'm sure it's mostly water weight, and i blame the soda more than the calorie overage, but i regret it. coffee is my indulgence, the occasional fun-size chocolate bar, and i put essential oils in my water so it tastes better. that's what i'm focusing on today. drink more water.
  • neomellojenn
    neomellojenn Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I am on day 12 of my journey. I have about 140lbs to lose. I post my struggles on my profile. Add me.

I'm a single mom and veteran who is socially isolated much of the time. I could really use as many friends as I can get.
  • Zipp237
    Zipp237 Posts: 255 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Try to view it all as doing something for your body, to keep it healthy. Drink water, eat more fruits and vegetables. See if that helps. Not only does eating healthier make it easier to lose weight, you feel better when you do. As time goes by, you'll notice different things that work for you.

100 pounds is a lot to lose. Keep the 100 pound mark in mind, but set some other goals along the way. Getting into the 240s, 230s, 220s. Celebrate at the halfway points, like 235 - halfway to 230! - and when you hit 199, celebrate that the 2 is now gone from the hundreds place on the scale. Celebrate dropping clothing sizes. There are a lot of things to celebrate along the way, so use those goals. Once you get on a roll, the success breeds success. You'll want to keep going after you hit the first one.

Whatever you do, do NOT try to starve it off. You'll end up overeating. Don't go in with an attitude of "I've got this! I can be perfect!" because nobody is. Just work on what you need to work on, nice and slow. I'd start with switching to water and adding some fruits and veggies. When that becomes easy for a couple weeks, decide what new thing you could do or add. Don't overwhelm yourself.

It's going to take a long time, so commit for the long haul. You're going to drop some bad habits and develop some better ones - it just happens. You're going to encounter some nasty comments from jealous people, maybe the ones you would least expect to be mean about it. You're also going to get encouragement from people you'd never have thought would be so encouraging. Lots of changes coming. After a year or two, you'll be thin. You can do it.
  • romiangels
    romiangels Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi
    started my journey in March of this year at my highest weight 222 lbs I know I have to loose about 80 lbs. I placed my 1st goal to leave the 200 mark once I reached that I made a goal to leave the 190 mark I just weight in last Thursday at 189! My new goal is to leave 180's and so on.... This way for me it's seems doable.
  • betchy5
    betchy5 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I like the HappyScale app. You set milestones breaking up what feels like a huge goal into much smaller increments. Every time I meet a milestone I celebrate! Good luck to you, you got this!
  • Tiffanylynn1024
    Tiffanylynn1024 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Thank you all :)
  • WordWhisperer
    WordWhisperer Posts: 33 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    I don't even have an end goal and I don't want one. I just want to reach my next micro-goal, in2 pounds (which will make 55 lost). And the one after that is only 7 pounds below that (because the tens digit on the scale will decrease). After that, another 3.3 will take me to 60 lost in six months, and so on.

These micro goals, I can achieve. Losing over a hundred? Blah. Forget it. And yet somehow, my micro-goals have gotten me almost a third of the way to what the weight charts say I should have for my goal.

Added to this are other goals like buying the next smaller size, breaking my walking distance record or time or step count, etc.

Little victories, baby.