wrong thread
  • salembambi
    salembambi Posts: 5,585 Member
    Options
    i think murdering someone to eat their flesh is disgusting
  • Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    Options
    If it had a pulse, I'll eat it; preferably after said pulse has stopped, but that is not necessarily a requirement.
  • Guns_N_Buns
    Guns_N_Buns Posts: 1,899 Member
    Options
    I'm a Paleo follower from NYC, and I found out recently that I am directly descended from the Cro-Magnon mammoth hunters of Western Europe (via 23andMe.com), so yeah, I'm a meat eater. But I no longer eat it indiscriminately; it needs to be GOOD meat, like grass-fed beef, free range hormone-free chicken; plus I have a butcher here who gets me wild boar, elk, deer, antelope, caribou, pheasant, wild goose and duck...all free-range preserve raised.

Take a look at my profile and my diaries; I've lost almost 20 lbs. in 4 months, and I'm never hungry.

And...60 is the new 40!

I just found out I'm 96% more cro-magnon descent than anyone else via 23andme. I, too, eat paleolithically. We hunt/fish and buy our beef straight from a ranch who then butchers and packages it up for us right there. There's never a better tasting steak than the ones from our freezer! :)
  • VeryKatie
    VeryKatie Posts: 5,952 Member
    Options
    Personally, I was chubbier when I ate less meat.
    I assume your vegan friend knows how to get non-meat protein though. I didn't haha.
  • Nikion901
    Nikion901 Posts: 2,467 Member
    Options
    Depends on the meat and how it's prepared if I'll like it or not. Actually, I have to remind myself to have some and have to plan to get it in two or three times a week.
  • Nikion901
    Nikion901 Posts: 2,467 Member
    Options
    tahxirez wrote: »
    salembambi wrote: »
    i think murdering someone to eat their flesh is disgusting

Probably should stop murdering those poor defenseless plants :p

Ho-Ho.. I saw research that revealed plants have feelings ....
  • CrabNebula
    CrabNebula Posts: 1,119 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    I could be a fatazz vegan easy. Oreos, French fries, falafel, hummus, vegan chocolate, coconut anything, nuts, pasta, vegan sausage.

There used (?) to be this Tumblr vegan blogger/artist (radfatvegan or something like that) who for a short time had a cooking YT channel. She was obese and unapologetic about it and the meals that she created were...my god, most of them went over 1k cals a serving EASY. There was no mystery as why she was over 300lbs and vegan.
  • ROBOTFOOD
    ROBOTFOOD Posts: 5,527 Member
    Options
    I love it.
  • lithezebra
    lithezebra Posts: 3,670 Member
    Options
    Protein fills me up, and helps me keep my muscle mass. Meat is the leanest, lowest carb protein there is.
  • kronin23
    kronin23 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I only eat organic meat, it is more expensive, but better to eat good quality and once a week than bad one every day grown with hormones
  • emily120699
    emily120699 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    It depends. I'm not vegan, I love meat and it is quite filling. However if it's not white meat, I can only eat a little or else I feel sick. I'm vegetarian 3 days a week and eat meat 4 days, it's hard but it is fewer calories. I love meat though lol plus protein benefits
  • xbowhunter
    xbowhunter Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    Organic venison for this guy & non farm raised fish. How do I know they are organic? I harvest it all myself & process my own. From field & water to my table with no middle man/woman between me & my meat... :)
  • mumblemagic
    mumblemagic Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    Om nom nom is all that matters.
  • ccrdragon
    ccrdragon Posts: 3,370 Member
    Options
    ^^^ wrong - eating in a surplus causes weight gain, not just eating meat...

as for me, as long as it's heart has stopped, it's fair game!!
  • Annamarie3404
    Annamarie3404 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    I eat little to no meat. If I do, it's seafood or chicken. NO red meat.
  • lauraemily84
    lauraemily84 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I think meat is good esp in a healthy diet, lean meat with fat/skin removed. High protein too x
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options
    brenn24179 wrote: »
    My vegan friend thinks it is easier to keep her weight down since she does not eat meat.

I think meat fills me up.

How about ya?

I don't understand your friend's logic...there are a lot of meats that are very low calorie...there are a lot of vegan friendly foods that are calorie bombs.

I think that whether you eat meat or not is pretty irrelevant where weight management is concerned...I know some fat *kitten* vegans and vegetarians...