Reason #1000000 to not get hung up on 'WEIGHT'

Options
amy1612
amy1612 Posts: 1,356 Member
I know a lot of the people here have a lot of weight to lose, but I also know there are a lot of people with not so much, who just want to lose a few lbs, 'tone' up and get fitter. 3 Years ago I managed to lose around 21lbs, my highest weight being 145. I went from chunky, to slimmer and stayed there for a long time.

Last year I started lifting, I leaned out a lot when I started, lost another few lbs. Then I started to put weight ON. Any other time in my life this may have panicked me, but (a whole other story) I'm pretty happy with my body and what it can do, so I ignored the scale.

Anyway I digress, this picture is me, 3 years ago, and me this week. In both pictures I weigh EXACTLY 145lbs. I am stronger, fitter and faster. My point is, sometimes change doesn't come in numbers. Take care of yourself, eat well, find some way of moving that you enjoy and have fun!

7db4b689-26ed-4e19-bf28-56f9309e966b_zps8de298b7.jpg

Replies

• Leahsz
    Leahsz Posts: 81
    Options
    Wow you look great, this is so good to see. I'm at 146 and unhappy with how I look, but reluctant to lose too much more as Im losing where I don't want to (boobs). Have to get my butt back to the gym. Can I ask what cals you're at?
  • amy1612
    Options
    At the moment I don't track too much tbh, I'd say around 2000, but sometimes lower, sometimes higher. I eat to support my lifting and try to eat a good amount of protein :)
  • Leahsz
    Leahsz Posts: 81
    Options
    Thanks. Mind me asking your height? We have a similar shape (except I'm your before pic :flowerforyou: )
  • Squirrel1601
    Options
    Great post. If your clothes are feeling looser but the scales don't reflect this, no need to be discouraged. All the best on your strength journey.
  • dianebiaggini
    dianebiaggini Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Really appreciate your post and pics. I am coming up to almost 4 weeks of logging/monitoring cals and increasing my exercise. Scales have barely moved but my fitness levels seem to be increasing exponentially! I am trying to focus on these gains rather than getting frustrated by the scales...but I am a bit of a scale *kitten*, lol. I should just throw the damn thing out!
  • amy1612
    Options
    Im 5ft2, so quite a shorty :)

I think when you start to focus on what your body can do, rather than how much it weighs, good things can happen!
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    It's true! Haha, I am 5'-2" also and hover between 138 and 141 lately. I don't have a comparison picture at this weight, but the other day one of my friends was shocked when I told her what I weighed. She said, "No way! Your so dainty!" First, I thought she was nuts because dainty wasn't a word I would have ever used to describe myself, but then I wrapped my head around the fact that even though my weight is higher than the average for my height I still look lean! :) Great work!
  • amy1612
    Options
    Bumping in the hopes of driving 'scale weight panic' from someone's day