Options
2»

Replies

• Annahbananas
    Annahbananas Posts: 284 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Straight guy here with a question.

I am wondering how the sexual orientation of an individual becomes a prerequisite for a friend request on a fitness site?

I think the OPs request would be no different that me asking for straight male and female friends - which I am sure would offend people.

I flat out don't care about your religion, race, sexual orientation, where you are from, your affluence or lack of it, etc....I am on here to stay fit and healthy and want like minded, active friends.

Because she may want to share some things with folks here in more of a safe place. If you were gay, you'd understand a little bit better

I am not gay and I understand perfectly.

I am surprised that you think that only the LGBTQ community understands - because that is a pretty exclusionary and narrow view. Sexual orientation is not the only thing that people keep in their closets. What about a faimily member suffering from drug addition? Alcoholism? Dimentia? Cancer? What about someone in your family going to jail for any number of reasons. This list goes on... LGBTQ does not have a monopoly on secrets.

The question still stands: I am wondering how the sexual orientation of an individual becomes a prerequisite for a friend request on a fitness site?

Not trying to sound snarky but reading your comments and your response to my comment, you do not understand and my original comment still stand.

I'll try to make this sound more simpler: this thread isn't her looking for just a sexual preference. It's so much more deeper than that. As I stated earlier she is looking for folks in here where she can share with certain people In a safe place and not feel judged....judged...something you have done twice so far in this thread.
  • KimberleyWilson2
    KimberleyWilson2 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I'm pan and would love some other LGBTQ people get healthy with!
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    I have a couple of questions that i have been wanting to ask for years and this thread has fallen perfectly in my lap (as I don't know any Gay folks in real life), but I'm scared I'll offend someone. May I have permission to ask these questions without getting anyones hackles up? My questions are out of genuine curiosity and slight confusion.
  • _Waffle_
    _Waffle_ Posts: 13,049 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    SideSteel wrote: »
    as a heterosexual white male I can't say I truly understand what challenges you face but I'm supportive of people being able to express the sexuality they were born with, so rock on.

He says as he stands there shirtless trying to motivate us all. :smile:
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    Noel_57 wrote: »
    I have a couple of questions that i have been wanting to ask for years and this thread has fallen perfectly in my lap (as I don't know any Gay folks in real life), but I'm scared I'll offend someone. May I have permission to ask these questions without getting anyones hackles up? My questions are out of genuine curiosity and slight confusion.
    You can ask me, Christine. I'm not gay but my best friend is. And I think you're cute.

Thanks @Noel_57 I got my answers through PM :smile:
  • KatzeDerNacht22
    KatzeDerNacht22 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Hi, would like some queer friends cos none of my friends are into working out haha.
    Lesbian here :smile: demisexual hmm, that's the basics, we can talk about all sort of things :D just not random sex talk please xD
  • AdlaiJN
    AdlaiJN Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I am a 60-year-old poly queer lesbian *kitten* Jewish mother living in Columbus, Ohio. I've been out of the closet since I was in my early 20's. I am starting to use MyFitnessPal again with more sincerity. I see getting healthier as my way of survival through the next four years after this shocking presidential election.
    I totally agree with you regarding the difference in the way gay men and lesbians view their bodies. I too am glad that lesbians reject our society's view of what is beautiful. I also think lesbians including myself, at least subconsciously, carry extra weight as a way to deter men's attention. It works pretty well!
    My wife and I are supporting each other by working out together and we're both using MFP. I look forward to getting to know other members of the lgbtq community so we can support each other in our effort to be healthier. I figure this Revolution is going to require us to be strong and healthy!
  • Michaelxo444
    Michaelxo444 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    I'm gay heyyyy from New York feel free to add me(:
  • Halleeon
    Halleeon Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    Add me! Pansexual in a committed relationship, looking to lose this weight!
  • montyvell
    montyvell Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hello
  • Knoxvilla5
    Knoxvilla5 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Alright alright alright! Add me if you're gray-A-Demi-pan and into getting fit! Let's be accountibilibuddies!
  • SaturnsbestMoon
    SaturnsbestMoon Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I need LGBTQ+ friends too!!
  • prettypretzel80
    prettypretzel80 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I would love an accountability partner! Im bi
  • MargaretYakoda
    MargaretYakoda Posts: 2,845 Member
    Options
    If a 60 year old poly autigender friend in your feed would be something anyone here would like? Send me a friend request.