New ground for me and struggling

michelleh1983
michelleh1983 Posts: 9 Member
edited May 2016 in Goal: Maintaining Weight
So last time I hit goal I got pregnant (be careful ladies lol) after a starting weight of over 17 stone I actually looked terrible under 10 and a half stone at 5 ft 8. Drawn in cheek bones and people asking me if i was sick. So now dd3 is 6 months old, and I've dipped under 10 and a half again and am looking a bit gaunt. I love exercise so don't want to reduce activity and I'm finding it difficult to increase calories after three years of cutting or at least watching them.

Any ideas? Would an increase in protein and weight training stop me looking boney for instance?

Replies

• bioklutz
    bioklutz Posts: 1,365 Member
    If that is a recent picture of you I don't think that you look bony and I think your face looks lovely. I think that you just need a little time to get used to how you look now.

Try some calorie dense foods to help with the increase in calories. http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10142490/a-list-of-calorie-dense-foods/p1
  • AnthonyX150X
    AnthonyX150X Posts: 293 Member
    I am 5'8" as well and weigh 150 lbs (10 stone 10 lbs). You are at a healthy weight for your height, but maybe you don't have a lot of muscle mass after losing a lot of weight (I don't have a lot of muscle mass either). Starting weight training and consuming an adequate amount of protein might give you the look you are looking for, but you should be in a slight calorie surplus to increase weight/muscle.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    It does sound you are a healthy weight for your height. In your pic you don't look bony/gaunt but healthy and happy. :smile:
    Just aim to stay at your current weight, monitor it weekly and adjust your calories up if necessary.
  • michelleh1983
    michelleh1983 Posts: 9 Member
    Thank you all x

Perhaps it is taking others some time, just as it is me, to get used to looking different. Most of the negative comments come from family and long term friends who were used to me being fat.

I'm happier than I was that way so they can just suck it up :)