Biggest issues with a partner

Options
lithezebra
lithezebra Posts: 3,670 Member
edited May 2016 in Motivation and Support
What's the biggest thing your partner does that makes it harder for you to eat healthily and exercise, and how have you dealt with it positively? What is the best thing that your partner does to support you in your health goals?

My biggest issue is that he gets to eat more than I do, and that makes me jealous. I go off and read a book if he's eating and I'm out of calories. On the other hand, he's totally supportive, likes my cooking, works out, and cares about his health.

Replies

• randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    Nothing really. I'm my own person.
  • chase8oliver
    chase8oliver Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    It can be tricky finding that balance. I'm in the same boat. Although, it's my gf that feels tortured if I'm eating more carbs and/or calories for the day. You try to be as supportive as possible. All I can tell you is there will be days where you'll want to strangle him for what he's able to eat, while there will be others your meals are more matched up. It's a part of the process
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    Nothing
  • willnorton
    willnorton Posts: 995 Member
    Options
    wont leave !
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    I have no complaints. My guy is supportive and open-minded. I don't mind that he has more calories to eat than me. I'm smaller so it's just the way it goes. It's not a personal slight. If he was actively sabotaging me like some of spouses I've read about here, that would be an issue. But I really couldn't see myself married to someone with that kind of a personality.

Your guy sounds awesome, OP. Don't compare yourself to him (or anybody else, really) or keep score and you'll be a much happier camper. Good luck! :)
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    Nothing dh has done has been a problem until this week.
    He is off work for the summer and has decided to start exercising with me... wants to do whatever I do. However, it is a bit harder to focus. I'm always wondering if the exercise I chose is okay for him- too hard, too easy?- and checking on him. He is a healthy weight but not used to exercising regularly. I'm concerned he won't say something is too hard because I am doing it. I'm used to exercising alone and not worrying about bumping into anyone or sharing equipment as well.
    It will be positive when I get used to it I guess. I don't know if he will keep up exercise after he gets busy with work again.