American Ninja Warrior

lisahebert186
lisahebert186 Posts: 736 Member
Any fans of America Ninja Warrior out there?

Replies

• lenoresdream
    lenoresdream Posts: 522 Member
    Heck yeah. I love especially seeing the tough ladies out there and the guys supporting them and cheering them on.

I love the brotherhood of the contestants. Also bless their hearts I couldn't even dream of doing any of that!
  • lisahebert186
    I LOVE to watch it too and I've watched it enough I remember the contestants and their stories. Some are so inspirational.
  • ydyms
    ydyms Posts: 266 Member
    Love love love. Can't wait for the new season :)
  • Kvm11628
    Kvm11628 Posts: 7,386 Member
    My friend is on this season! He just did his run in Philly this week!
  • lisahebert186
    Awesome, what's his name? I'll look for him.
  • Kvm11628
    Kvm11628 Posts: 7,386 Member
    Clint - the Smiling Ninja
  • lisahebert186
    I will look for him once the new season starts.
  • SoozeE512
    SoozeE512 Posts: 439 Member
    I'm a big fan and a (currently recovering from injury) ninja-in-training!
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Love this show!
  • Valqis
    Valqis Posts: 1,016 Member
    Huge fan of this show.... only thing I did not like was the finale last season when the guy from the wolfpack won and then made it sound like he didn't need the money, when the other guy needed it so much more.
  • hittingitonemoretime
    hittingitonemoretime Posts: 7,615 Member
    I love this show...
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,894 Member
    I love it too. Had it been around when I was in my 20's, I would have trained to be on it. I thought about it at 52, then I saw a 52 year old run up a ramp and snap his Achilles tendon. And mine aren't in the best shape for explosive moves right now.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • SoozeE512
    Valqis wrote: »
    Huge fan of this show.... only thing I did not like was the finale last season when the guy from the wolfpack won and then made it sound like he didn't need the money, when the other guy needed it so much more.

Isaac went through Stage 3 first, Geoff went second. The show should've kept them going in that order, but instead, they gave Isaac the power to make the decision of who would go first in Stage 4. Of course, he opted to get more recovery time for himself while making Geoff go first, even though Geoff had just come off of Stage 3. They should have just continued to go in order so it would've been more fair for each.

I think a lot of people felt that Geoff got slighted. He was the first person to make it to the top in under 30 seconds, so why didn't the show give him the power to decide who gets to earn the winnings?
  • SoozeE512
    ninerbuff wrote: »
    I love it too. Had it been around when I was in my 20's, I would have trained to be on it. I thought about it at 52, then I saw a 52 year old run up a ramp and snap his Achilles tendon. And mine aren't in the best shape for explosive moves right now.

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png

That was awful to watch. That warped wall is no joke.
  • Noelani1503
    Noelani1503 Posts: 378 Member
    Such a fun show! The amazing athletes on it make it look a little like an adult playground, though I have no doubt I'd fail the first obstacle.
  • masonannable
    masonannable Posts: 45 Member
    Watched last night , cant wait for the Spartan shown. Thats looks awesome . I would suck amd crash fast . But it would be sweeeeeeet !
  • Noelani1503
    Noelani1503 Posts: 378 Member
    Watched last night , cant wait for the Spartan shown. Thats looks awesome . I would suck amd crash fast . But it would be sweeeeeeet !

Yes!! It starts the 13th right?
  • lenoresdream
    lenoresdream Posts: 522 Member
    I always laugh at myself while watching this show because I find myself subconsciously moving along with them in my chair.

He jumps sideways? My body twitches sideways.

He leans left to grab the ball thing I'm leaning left. I stop when I catch myself but a few seconds later I'm doing it again! :D
  • shifterbrainz
    shifterbrainz Posts: 245 Member
    I always laugh at myself while watching this show because I find myself subconsciously moving along with them in my chair.

He jumps sideways? My body twitches sideways.

He leans left to grab the ball thing I'm leaning left. I stop when I catch myself but a few seconds later I'm doing it again! :D

LOL!! My furniture takes a beating too! :laugh:
  • robertw486
    robertw486 Posts: 2,398 Member
    I enjoy watching it, even if the specialized obstacle training does somewhat skew it for those that take time to recreate the obstacle or find gyms that have. But it is a fun show, and a good agility and strength/weight test.

I enjoy watching it, even if the specialized obstacle training does somewhat skew it for those that take time to recreate the obstacle or find gyms that have. But it is a fun show, and a good agility and strength/weight test.
    ninerbuff wrote: »

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png

Just for the record, if you change your mind and get a major injury, I'll give you internet support while you heal. Go for it!