England / South Yorkshire anyone?

Options
SliverBulletsUK
SliverBulletsUK Posts: 267 Member
edited May 2016 in Introduce Yourself
Hi, 29 yo male from South Yorkshire, England. Working towards fat loss and muscle building I'm new to MFP and I'm using it together with my fitbit.

My training plan includes a mix of strength training and cardio and following a low carb diet. I've just done my first weigh in and I've lost 2.5kg for the week which I'm happy with, my ultimate goal is to lose 28kg (is that about 60 pounds?)

I'm Looking for friends who have similar goals and to share tips and motivate, inspire each other.

Replies

• XxLEOxX
    XxLEOxX Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm new myself, 24 and from Lancashire :smile: I've not got much more to lose (around 21lbs) but I am trying to get much fitter and healthier (we have some bloody good take aways in Lancashire unfortunately lol)

So Hi and welcome!
  • Mitramonday
    Mitramonday Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Hi both! I'm in Shropshire, on the Welsh border and I've been on MFP for a week. I'm 59 yo and pretty much a lifelong exercise-phobe. I've decided to go down the Nutri-blast route, in an effort to train my taste buds to like veggies and fruit more than carbs and sugar!! I was delighted to lose 7lbs in my first week but I also know that that amount of loss is a) not sustainable and b) not healthy, so I've upped my daily calorie limit a smidgen. I'm having two 'blasts' per day and then eating 'normally' (vegan) in the evenings. I live in a Buddhist community and we all eat together in the evenings, which is a real problem for me, seeing as how I find it so hard to exert portion control!
    Let's keep in touch on here and see how we go?
  • SliverBulletsUK
    Options
    Hi to you both. When I figure out how I'll add you both if that's ok. Be good to have someone else to speak with and help motivate each other :)
  • lainy1979
    lainy1979 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm in Derbyshire. Been on mfp for 19 weeks and so far I've lost 1st 9lbs. Got another 1st 1lb to go to get to the top end of my goal weight range. It's been a slow process so I'm here for the longhaul, once the weight's gone there's toning & maintenance to contend with! I love seeing everybody's different journeys on my News Feed it really motivates me to carry on :)
  • GordonDance
    GordonDance Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    hi to you all.
    I've been on here 21 days or so , live in tyne and wear , currently working towards dropping 9stone as want to get down to my old weight of 13 stone , currently starting P90X and Bodybeast . unfortunately i have like no support at home so just trying to keep myself motivated which can be really hard
  • SliverBulletsUK
    Options
    Hi Gordon, my cardio is a mix of t25 and p90x3!

Are you doing original p90x?
  • GordonDance
    Options
    i've just started the original P90X however I have P90X3 as well and insanity .but i was going to knock out the P90X and Body beast before going to X3 and insanity
  • SliverBulletsUK
    Options
    I really like x3, I've not done the original p90x but I've completed insanity which was tough but worth it .

• GordonDance
    Options
    i've done P90X and insanity a couple of years back and i dropped loads of weight One of my favorites from P90X was the cardioX and KenpoX workouts :)
    Insanity proper kicked my but on every workout.
    Its alarming how once you stop working out and eating right how fast you regress
  • SliverBulletsUK
    Options
    Yeah tell me about it haha. I completed insanity around this time last year, I thought I'd try t25 after that and found it way too easy so doubled my sessions and did insanity on my off days.

Fast forward ..... I had two big injuries which really set me back (I also used it as an excuse to eat rubbish and drink a lot) now starting back with those 'easy' t25 workouts is absolutely killing me lol.
  • GordonDance
    Options
    I havent tried T25, I had a bit of a confidence knock and then work etc just over took my life so i also used that as an excuse to eat rubbish and drink (way to much) but i tell you what trying the workouts after you've been off it for awhile is proper hard. I was considering buying the 22 minute hard corps at some point and seeing what thats like lol
  • SliverBulletsUK
    Options
    T25 is decent. What I like about that (25 mins) and p90x3 (30 mins) is the time. It's short but still a good workout. And you're right mate, very hard when you've been out a while