Eating unlimited fruits and vegetables

Options

Replies

• SugarySweetheart
    SugarySweetheart Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    No.. Everyone needs to count calories in the beginning and not try to stuff themselves with "GOOD" calories. You'll probably go over your calorie intake boundary with all the sugar from bananas, and eating several a day, well, you may do the opposite and start gaining weight instead. MFP is used to count... so count with us! :smiley:
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    If you maintain a caloric deficit, you'll lose weight regardless of what you're eating and/or when you eat it.

The question that has yet to be asked....where are you planning on getting your protein from? Eating fruit and drinking smoothies all day isn't going to give you any significant amount of protein. A large caloric deficit and insufficient protein is a great recipe for losing a lot of lean body mass (i.e., muscle) along with the fat.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    OP are you planning on counting the calories from fruit and veg, and logging it? Some people think fruit and veggies are "free foods", when they most certainly are not.
  • jonnie256
    jonnie256 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Fruit is high calorie?! A cup of watermelon is 47 calories. A cup of blackberries is 85 calories and etc...
  • alyssa0061
    alyssa0061 Posts: 652 Member
    Options
    OP are you planning on counting the calories from fruit and veg, and logging it? Some people think fruit and veggies are "free foods", when they most certainly are not.

People on Weight Watchers who truly believe that eating unlimited fruits and vegetables has no bearing on their weight
  • Christine_72
    Options
    alyssa0061 wrote: »

People on Weight Watchers who truly believe that eating unlimited fruits and vegetables has no bearing on their weight

Yeah they do, and yes it does.

I believe Weight watchers keep their calorie allotment on the too lower side to account for the calories in the "free fruit and veg"

• bellabonbons
    bellabonbons Posts: 705 Member
    Options
    I love fruit! Even when I don't count fruits I still lose weight. Many times when I've already finished my calories for the day I have a fruit at night, maybe one or two extra, and I still lose weight.
  • robertw486
    robertw486 Posts: 2,390 Member
    Options
    Listen to the deficit. You can lose weight if in a deficit. But done improperly, you can lose more muscle than you should at the same time. Think of both. That means figuring out where the proteins are coming from, and most include some fat.

As for the keeps you going and not hungry, more individual. Even though I enjoy a lot of different types of fruit, I tend to not overeat it ever. Smoothies, that's a whole new thing for me. I reserve them for when I need quick recovery stuff or have calories in hand. I can easily kill 500-600 calories of smoothie as a warm up for a bigger smoothie. Those same calories in whole fruits fill me up a lot better, but in my case almost any solid vs liquid of equal calories satisfies me more.

Unlimited isn't a word you should even really use in regards to food if losing weight. There are a few things that would be hard for most people to overeat, but in reality each individual isn't most people. If that 400-450 calorie smoothie keeps you from eating 600-700 calories of junk, that helps. But only if that few hundred calorie difference allows for a deficit.
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Options
    crazyravr wrote: »
    If unlimited means you're still within your calorie goal.

Newsflash: Fruit and vegetables have calories.

Oh, and you can put anything in a smoothie.

FALSE!!!!

Apparently, according to my MSN front page, SOME Fruits and veggies have NEGATIVE cals. So according to the article you can eat tonnes of it and it will actually take calories away from the burger lol ;) hahaha made me lol

there are no fruits or veggies that have negative calories. all food except water has calories. look it up and do some research and you will see.
  • itsbasschick
    itsbasschick Posts: 1,584 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    If i can fill up on smoothies it prevents me from eating junk food. My smoothies are almost always 2 bananas 1 cup of berries and some ice

each of your smoothies has around 275 calories or very possibly more. it's no wonder you're not snacking - that's as many calories as i have in a lot of meals. it's certainly the same amount of calories as a third of a blaze pizza with toppings, a bowl of dryer's slow churned ice cream or 2 servings of potato chips.

according to the FDA, 1 medium banana has 105 calories, medium being defined as 118 grams. 2 of them means 210 calories, although if you're having larger bananas, you could easily be eating 300 calories of bananas alone. then there's the berries - about 65 more calories (you're not weighing them, so could be more.
  • Christine_72
    Options

FALSE!!!!

Apparently, according to my MSN front page, SOME Fruits and veggies have NEGATIVE cals. So according to the article you can eat tonnes of it and it will actually take calories away from the burger lol ;) hahaha made me lol

there are no fruits or veggies that have negative calories. all food except water has calories. look it up and do some research and you will see.

I thought he was joking :open_mouth:

• suzyjane1972
    suzyjane1972 Posts: 612 Member
    Options

FALSE!!!!

There's woo "research" that states there are negative calorie foods......i would say he was being facetious because of woo believers on here.
  • Lilymckay2015
    Lilymckay2015 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    You'll fill up more eating whole fruit and veg, smoothies are liquid calories, this means it won't make you feel as satisfied as the fruit in its most natural state. High carb Hannah has a good video explaining why whole foods are better then blended :) hope this helps
  • Gloworm46
    Gloworm46 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    The negative calories theory is an old one where it was stated that you burn more calories chewing celery than the number of calories in the celery - hence negative calories.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options

FALSE!!!!

So did I.
  • jessiethe3rd
    jessiethe3rd Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    The calories... Count and see how many you get with just them!

I would counter that no matter what you will lose weight when you are in a deficit... However you WILL almost certain eat up lean body mass, AKA muscle.
  • Dnarules
    Dnarules Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options

FALSE!!!!

He was :).
  • Losewtforlife4him
    Losewtforlife4him Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    Cows eat grass. Need I say more? :wink:
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    Dnarules wrote: »

FALSE!!!!

I cant believe that even ONE person in this thread or on this forum thought I was serious LOL..... apparently there is always one ;)

Also some think that eating 30 bananas a day if just fine and perfectly doable.... so go figure.

I believe there's a Freelee thread.
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Options
    Dnarules wrote: »

FALSE!!!!

I cant believe that even ONE person in this thread or on this forum thought I was serious LOL..... apparently there is always one ;)

Also some think that eating 30 bananas a day if just fine and perfectly doable.... so go figure.

you can never tell. I have seen so many people on these threads post things that they actually believe. a lot of them believe the woo out there and no matter what you say they will argue that you are wrong and they are right because the internet said so