Energy boost

Options
devilinsoul
devilinsoul Posts: 105 Member
Hello everyone, what are your go-to/pre-workout energy boosting snacks? I finished a water fast (2 days) yesterday and tonight I'm supposed to teach a group fitness class but my energy levels are below zero -.-" What do you usually eat when you need fuel real quick? something unprocessed like bananas, dates and so..
Thank you in advance!

Replies

• SkezzaShredder
    SkezzaShredder Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I've never heard of a water fast, I'll have to check it out.

I hate recommending this, but when I desperately need a boost, if I've got a football match coming up or something, I take an electrolyte caffeine pill. They contain 75mg of caffeine and I must admit, I've seen results on a fair few occasions, that said, to avoid becoming dependent I only take them rarely.
  • StealthHealth
    StealthHealth Posts: 2,417 Member
    Options
    Coffee and glucose powder.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    Food?
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    Options
    You need to eat! you have no energy as you haven't fuelled your body properly for those 2 days....
  • SkezzaShredder
    Options
    Food?

She's teaching a gym glass? The last thing you want is food before intensive sport.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Food?

She's teaching a gym glass? The last thing you want is food before intensive sport.

considering OP hasn't eaten in two days, if she doesn't eat she's likely to faint and certainly I don't know how she would be able to do an intense workout without having something to eat....
  • SkezzaShredder
    Options
    I think she said it was a water fast?
  • Heartlight441
    Heartlight441 Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    I'd start off with some fresh fruit before your class (as much as you can tolerate) but then after have a nice big salad with some chicken and maybe some fat like avocado, nuts and a nice dressing.
  • devilinsoul
    devilinsoul Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    thanks guys, I had a banana and some dates before and drank young coconut water before and during the workout... I was a bit dizzy but fortunately I survived :) Except for the low energy level it went quite well but next time if I do a detox I have to have a better timing
  • MalcolmX1983
    MalcolmX1983 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Dates, bananas, coffee, or a pre workout if I really want to be bouncing off the walls.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,634 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone, what are your go-to/pre-workout energy boosting snacks? I finished a water fast (2 days) yesterday and tonight I'm supposed to teach a group fitness class but my energy levels are below zero -.-" What do you usually eat when you need fuel real quick? something unprocessed like bananas, dates and so..
    Thank you in advance!
    Any fast absorbing carbs will work. The body doesn't distinguish whether it's processed or not. It just breaks it down to it's simplest form and absorbs it.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,634 Member
    Options
    thanks guys, I had a banana and some dates before and drank young coconut water before and during the workout... I was a bit dizzy but fortunately I survived :) Except for the low energy level it went quite well but next time if I do a detox I have to have a better timing
    You don't need to detox. There is no scientific evidence that eating foods REMOVES any toxins in the body. And if there really were toxins in the body, medical assistance would be the correct route.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png