Just turned 39

Options
I am hoping to lose 66 pounds by my 40th birthday. I would love to do this with supportive, fun friends!
I have been fat all my life and exercise has never been a part of it. I want this to change!!

Height: 5'2"
Weight: 215-ish (I will weigh in the morning)
Goal: 150lb.

Lets get started!

Replies

• PosterPens
    PosterPens Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    yea, im turning 40 this year too, and in mid-feb said enough is enough! so glad i did. still havent gone to the gym, but i try to go for walks here and there. you can do it, just be consistent and honest and AWARE of your calorie intake.
  • Sagefemme76
    Sagefemme76 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I also have a goal of being fit by forty....I'll be 38 in Jan, so it's a long-term goal :) Feel free to add me and we can cheer each other on
  • Mjandjt
    Mjandjt Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Hi! I had that goal too so I def know where you're coming from. Now it's more like fit by 42 considering I'll be 41 in a month! :embarassed: Our stats are pretty much the same tho...and been at it for three weeks and lost 10lbs so it's def doable! Lots of info on here so read read read...eat your protein...weigh and log everything in the beginning...don't be afraid of cals (you should be eating more than 1200...like I said our stats are almost identical and my cals are 1948...I was like what??! :noway: but it's been working!) and MOVE everyday (even for 15min to get started). Good luck with everything...you're in the right place MFP is a great tool! :smile:
  • runningjen74
    runningjen74 Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Best of luck with that. I'm 5ft 2 (nearly!). I started out a little of 200 and am at 160 now. The difference is night and day. You'll feel great.

I read your profile, I agree with getting a trainer. I signed up to a trainer, I meet him about once a month and he has done up a programme for me lifting free weights. I just love it. I want to have made progress before I get to meet up with him again.

I'm 39, 9 months to go to my 40th. I'm hoping to get down to 130 (ish)....I 'll wait and see how I feel and look before getting hung up on a number.

As a reference, I did a 5km, in November, 10km in April and I'm hoping to do a sprint triathlon in two weeks time. I'd never have believed that I could have done it a year ago. It absolutely can be done.

Best of luck
    Jen
  • 33pirate
    33pirate Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Same boat here, turn 40 next year and I'll be darned if I will overweight when I get there! This site is great for inspiration and tracking your results! Welcome!!