Lean Cuisine meals Are they ok?

Options
2»

Replies

• extra_medium
    extra_medium Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    Just fit them in with your calories/macros. I usually feel like I need to eat about 4 to feel full though
  • jaynee7283
    jaynee7283 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I eat one almost every day for lunch at work (I also eat WW Smart Ones or Banquet meals). I counter the high sodium content by drinking a *minimum* of 16 fl oz of water while I eat. I also have a cup of fruit on the side to help fill me up. Just know the Banquet meals can run VERY high in sodium (the one I had today was 56% of daily recommend amount of sodium - so I'm drinking TWO bottles of water to combat that one and will avoid sodium the rest of the day as much as possible).
  • lporter229
    lporter229 Posts: 4,907 Member
    Options
    Yeah, there is nothing inherently wrong with them, but to me, they are a poor excuse for a meal. The portion sizes are too small and they don't taste nearly as good as they look in the pictures. Plus, if I just ate that for lunch, even with a piece of fruit or a salad, I would be going home and raiding my fridge for snacks.
  • Carlos_421
    Carlos_421 Posts: 5,132 Member
    Options
    Too much money for too little food, IMO.
  • pie_eyes
    pie_eyes Posts: 12,964 Member
    Options
    I was thinking of buying a bunch of those to make life easier. You know, take the fuss out of measuring, cooking, planning, counting etc etc. All I need to do is eat and log. Lol I was thinking do this just until I see some good results so I dont get discouraged or overwhelmed. I am worried about the salt and carbs though. Please share your thoughts or advice. Thanks :)

Same

I get Healthy Choice makes life really easy

Healthy Choice is really high in protein compared to LC I think
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    My dad loves the Healthy Choice steamers, and the packaging really helps his carb counting for his insulin. Sure, buy a bunch and have them on hand until you find some easy go-to meals you can make yourself.
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options
    I think if I ate them every day, I would get bored with them really quick, but I keep a couple in the freezer for those days I don't feel like cooking and am in danger of using that as an excuse to get a high-cal take out meal. As a couple of other posts said, I add frozen veggies or a salad to them to bulk it up a little.

As long as you like them, I don't see a problem, but start finding some meals you can make yourself now so they are ready in case you get to the point where you are forcing the frozen meals down because you feel like you have no choice!
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    It sounds as if you need a way to get started. I think your plan is excellent. After you get in the habit of logging, which will be easy using the Lean Cuisines, and start seeing results, you can gradually start preparing meals which take a little more time and effort to prepare and to log. By then you will feel more confident and motivated. Good Luck!