Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Perfect Macro Day? (prefer vegetarian but not req)

I love cooking, but I have found that left to my own devices my food is all over the place, mostly carb high and low protein. Anybody have a "perfect" macro day of meals they'd love to share? Ideally I'd like to shoot for about 1600 calories with a strong workout regiment from fitnessblender, but if your day has more or fewer calories I can adjust as necessary with different portion sizes or something. Protein shakes are acceptable but not required. I'd prefer to eat vegetarian, but that's not a hard set in stone rule since I have 5 other people in my family I provide for.

I just would love to see what somebody else's good macro day looks like. Thanks!

Replies

• rosecropper
    rosecropper Posts: 340 Member
    Vegetarian on 1200 cal net.
    This is fairly spot on for my macro goals, although tend towards 70-90gm protein most days then over on fats or carbs. My diary is open if you want to see what I eat.

xafdeqh3mk6n.png
  • teacherbell
    teacherbell Posts: 19 Member
    Sorry, I was probably unclear, I'm looking for like what you specifically ate that day to make a perfect macro day.
  • chelsea7162
    chelsea7162 Posts: 97 Member
    Stick to around 25% protein at the end of the day, with fat and carbs where you find they work best.
  • rosecropper
    rosecropper Posts: 340 Member
    I log 4 meals plus a snack. My day starts around 4:30am, too busy to stop & eat while at work. Usually have home cooked meals in the evening. That particular day:
    Breakfast & lunch: protein shakes
    Snack: roasted seaweed & apple
    Dinner: beet & farro salad with side of braised beet greens & mustard greens, a peach for dessert
    Supper: Tomato, egg whites & smoked cheese on sprouted 7 grain toast. Pineapple spinach yogurt

Feel free to look at my diary if you're interested. Don't know if recipes can be viewed by others, but have logged several vegetarian/vegan ones I've made.
    Highly recommend the cookbook "vegan under pressure" for quick easy vegan recipes. All based on pressure cooking, which is perfect for beans & grains :) Can always add animal to the dishes for rest of your family.
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    When I was vegetarian looked for protein and fat before I pre-logged each night for the next day:
    tofu, chic peas, soy milk, eggs, peanuts, cheese, yogurt, split pea soup. I ate low carb vegetables like asparagus, mushrooms, cucumbers, snow peas, green beans, bell peppers, swiss chard, romaine, spinach.
    In order to get enough protein, I skipped fruits most days.