I need VACATION!!!

Options
YaGigi
YaGigi Posts: 817 Member
I'm going for vacation in August. Have been lusting for it since the winter break. Going to Nice first, Monaco later to see my friends.

Where are you going this summer?

I like well planned vacations that give some kind of results. Like getting a new skill, language, knowledge, or etc.

My gym is offering fitness vacations - every day there's some fitness activities planned for the clients. Healthy food, massage and medical examination.

My friend is going for a cooking lessons vacation. She'll be living in Provence, France and learning French food and wine.

There are also beauty treatment vacations. Tunisia and Morocco have beautiful hotels with spa treatment packages. The minimum package would be one treatment a day (massage, facial, peeling, or etc). . I might do that next year.

Replies

• bernied262
    bernied262 Posts: 882 Member
    Options
    This summer I will be working, i have just returned to work after a self imposed career break (wanted to focus on getting mysefl fit and healthy). I am a self employed IT professional and am currently under a contract through til the end of Sept. Once that ends I plan on taking one 'beach' holiday (not sure where yet), and once city break, probably go to Berlin or Dublin. Roll on October :)
  • SaltWaterTaffy78
    SaltWaterTaffy78 Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    I haven't been on vacation in many many many years... :frown: I'm hoping this year I can actually have a break.
    I'm not complaining though... I live in Greece and the beach is 5 miles away. :drinker:
  • YaGigi
    Options
    I haven't been on vacation in many many many years... :frown: I'm hoping this year I can actually have a break.
    I'm not complaining though... I live in Greece and the beach is 5 miles away. :drinker:

I have friends living in Saint Tropes and Nice. And they go for vacation to Spain or Portugal... I'm like whyyyyyyyyyyyyyy, you live in the best place to vacation!!!
  • onetwopotato
    onetwopotato Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I try and go somewhere once a month. Seriously makes life more enjoyable.
  • SaltWaterTaffy78
    SaltWaterTaffy78 Posts: 375 Member
    Options

If only I could do this..
  • TyTy76
    TyTy76 Posts: 1,761 Member
    Options

If only I could do this..

You can.
    It doesn't have to be far, it's good just to go see something new.
  • JenToms80
    JenToms80 Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    7 nights in Gran Canaria has been booked for September, our first holiday abroad in two years and CANNOT wait!

:happy:
  • britttttx3
    britttttx3 Posts: 458
    Options
    I need a vacation tooo, I work all summer, but I'm trying to plan something in august XD
  • YaGigi
    Options

I used to do it. But I've need traveling for work a lot recently so when I get to my bed, it's vacation already.

I remember that beautiful time when I could just go to Paris for a weekend or to Milan for shopping.
    Or just to a summer house.

Now I work my weekends too.
  • YaGigi
    Options
    7 nights in Gran Canaria has been booked for September, our first holiday abroad in two years and CANNOT wait!

:happy:

Oh yaaaaaayyyyy. Congrats!
  • hevhoyda
    hevhoyda Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I wish I had the time to go on vacation once a month, but I'll be in Jamaica in December!!
  • Flab2fitfi
    Flab2fitfi Posts: 1,349 Member
    Options
    I'm off to the wilds of Scotland for peace and quiet - hang on there will be six kids there lol.

Nope we are having a week away in the middle of nowhere where the kids can be themselves and run wild.
  • Fozzi43
    Fozzi43 Posts: 2,984 Member
    Options
    I just got back from Egypt...had 16 nights away and it was gorgeous.
  • YaGigi
    Options
    I just got back from Egypt...had 16 nights away and it was gorgeous.

Oh I'd looooove to go to Egypt but its been so unstable for the last years...
  • ChuckNourish
    Options
    Well I was going to go to Egypt, Israel, Turkey, Greece and Jordan in September but since the middle east can't be in peace FFS... I've cancelled the middle east all together and now I am planning on returning to Europe.

Going to Austria, Switzerland, Greece, France, Italy, Germany, Belgium and Netherlands.