Vacation advice.

Options
StrongAndHealthyMommy
StrongAndHealthyMommy Posts: 1,255 Member
Going on vacation with my BFF. We have been talking about different options like a cruise leaving from San Diego. Go to the Grand Canyon and Las Vegas. Maybe San Antonio Texas? We live in Arizona. Do you have any advices of fun places relative close to us? Thank you

Replies

• Jruzer
    Jruzer Posts: 3,501 Member
    Options
    Hiking in Joshua Tree National Park. Then you can crash in Palm Springs.
  • Shells918
    Shells918 Posts: 1,070 Member
    Options
    If you have passports go to Puerto Vallarta. It's beautiful and there are affordable hotels/resorts.
  • suruda
    suruda Posts: 1,233 Member
    Options
    I just had an awesome hiking vacation...Zion national park for 2 days and Bryce Canyon one day. It was amazing and there are a large variety of hikes depending on your abilities. You could easily see a lot with just short hikes in both parks OR longer ones depending on what you are up for. We hiked about 8 miles one day with a lot of elevation gain, 6 miles the next day but all in waist deep water (that one was the hardest day by far) and then about 6 miles the 3rd day in Bryce. The nice thing about hiking vacations is you earn a lot of calories to enjoy whatever you want (pretty much) at dinner!
  • denversillygoose
    denversillygoose Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    Moab, the Four Corners/Mesa Verde, Lake Powell, anywhere in Colorado, Flaming Gorge...
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,841 Member
    Options
    Going on vacation with my BFF. We have been talking about different options like a cruise leaving from San Diego. Go to the Grand Canyon and Las Vegas. Maybe San Antonio Texas? We live in Arizona. Do you have any advices of fun places relative close to us? Thank you

I live in AZ as well and love that so many things are close. Oddly, we are hitting all the things you mentioned! Like REALLY WEIRD!

So we just did the Grand Canyon after school let out. I am flying my son to San Antonio to a tennis camp next weekend, then driving out June 25th to pick him up. The week after that my other son has his national dance competition in Vegas so we are there a week. Then the end of July I have 4 tickets for Sea World so hitting SD for 4 days before getting ready for school to start again. Love all of it really. Cost wise, GC is the least expensive.

You might also think about renting a cabin or camping in the White Mountains or Greer.
  • NorthCascades
    NorthCascades Posts: 10,970 Member
    Options
    In a few weeks I'm going off to the Ross Lake Resort in North Cascades National Park. :smile:

27223314781_b29c2f4f61_o_d.jpg
  • StrongAndHealthyMommy
    StrongAndHealthyMommy Posts: 1,255 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone!