Cheat/Treat Days

Options
2»

Replies

• Kyrosh
    Kyrosh Posts: 238
    Options
    Keep this in mind. Some will say they work all week so they can enjoy their weekend. Well............your weekend is essentially 30% of your progress. How do you just throw that out?

Most of the trainers/nutritionists that I have talked to have all said, rather than having "cheat days", instead make 10-20% of your DAILY calories, "yummy" calories. Is that a muffin? chocolate bar? maybe a frozen yogurt with fruit? The health of that is up to you. But it's easier to spread those out when you need them, then try to take it all in a "cheat day" and then end up spending all week trying to work from behind to burn it off again.

But in the end, it still comes down to calories in/calories out. So if you make those "yummy" calories, still keep them within your allotment, just 10-20 pct of your allotment.

That is exactly what I do! I have a treat day every day, but it's calculated in :) That why I can eat whatever I want, when I want it :) I try to eat it in the morning though, so I can still burn it off the rest of the day!