are fitbits worth it?

Options
izbugz
izbugz Posts: 35 Member
Ive been looking into getting a fitbit but im not sure where to begin. Ive been looking online at reviews but nothings really convinced me to spend atleast £60 on it. so any one use them? are they worth it or just another pointless gadget?

Replies

• LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    Options
    It depends on if you feel you NEED motivation and if having a gadget will help you do that.

I love my Fitbit, have the One which clips inside my bra which I like as its inconspicuous.

I have several Fitbit friends, some will consistently reach their step goals and above. Then others don't seem to care. You know yourself if you are likely to feel more motivated to move because of this little gadget :smile:

They can seem expensive and there are cheaper versions on the market for a fraction of the price, I'm sure they do the job just as well...
  • lexbubbles
    lexbubbles Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    I have a charge HR and I love it. It's RRP £120 but I got mine on Amazon for £85 so there's always deals to be had.

It is really motivating me to hit step and workout goals (I'm still recovering from a knee injury so can't run yet, and that was really demotivating but now I'm just walking a lot to get it in and the bit is helping me do that). It's also helping me with my liquid intake because I am SO BAD with that. So bad.

But I've also linked mine to an app called Bounts which awards you points for hitting certain targets that can be cashed in for vouchers, and I'm earning so many more points now with my fitbit (using a GPS based step tracker on my phone meant I was "missing out" on a bunch of steps and, consequently, points) so that's an extra point of motivation! I've gone from it taking me 3 months to accumulate £10 worth of points to doing it in 3 weeks ;)
  • snowflake930
    snowflake930 Posts: 2,188 Member
    Options
    For me, it is the best motivator I have ever had to get me to move more. I love mine! I have had a fitbit for over 3 years now. First a One, then the Force (discontinued), and now the Charge HR. Their customer service is stellar, they truly stand behind their product.
    Most of my activity is step based, so it is perfect for my use.
    Definitely a gadget, but very useful for me. I am technologically challenged and ease of use is pretty important.
  • izbugz
    izbugz Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Hmm this is good to know, How acurate is the fitness tracking on the Alter model?