Jump Rope

Options
You know, I never realized how out of shape I really am, til just now when I jump roped! I was more winded doing 2min of jump roping than this mornings 8min jog!! I thought I was gonna trip too! No, instead... ..I think the neighbors got quite a laugh, and almost a peep show!! I'm wearing one of the pants I wear on my walks, one has a drawstring and these, um, well, don't. So after about 7 jumps, my under-roos were showing, I thought I was gonna lose them comepletely...

Sorry, kinda random, but I had to share. It's Monday, I'm sure we could all use a laugh!!

XoxoxoX Bru

Replies

• aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    Try skipping first. I've been working my way up. I used to only be able to do about 30 seconds of skipping, now I can almost do a whole minute and every now and then, I'll actually jump and it's a lot easier than when I first started! :happy:
  • MissyMorganFit
    Options
    Great choice of exercise! Jumping rope is one of THE best forms of cardio exercise & for burning calories! I do this most evenings before bed 15-20minutes........100-200 calories in such a short period! Sometimes I do it just because I need a few more calories burned for the day. I recommend it to others all the time. Keep at it. Before long you will notice you have more endurance.
  • lucifa73
    lucifa73 Posts: 110
    Options
    Great exercise - just make sure you have appropriately supportive underwear on!
  • RushinBruisette
    RushinBruisette Posts: 2,109 Member
    Options
    Thanks ladies, and yes I plan to keep it up. Just thought I'd post my 'lol' moment for anyone who is having a rough Monday or gets embarassed easily and can't laugh it off, you can always laugh at me :laugh:
  • ktcarr82
    ktcarr82 Posts: 18
    Options
    My problem with jumping rope is I always have to pee :laugh: After having my little boy, nothing is the same!
  • kintegra
    kintegra Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    STILL LOL! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • RushinBruisette
    RushinBruisette Posts: 2,109 Member
    Options
    :laugh: Thanks Kelly! I do what I can to help :wink:
  • questionablemethods
    questionablemethods Posts: 2,174 Member
    Options
    Don't feel too discouraged. Jump rope is an amazingly intense form of cardio. People often dismiss it as easy because it is something they did for fun as kids but there is a reason boxers do it as part of their training (both for the cardio and the footwork/dexterity involved). It doesn't surprise me that 2 minutes felt like the equivalent of jogging for 4x as long. That sounds about right, actually.

Way to go with finding a convenient form of cardio. I'm still working on my endurance (and coordination) for jumping rope too.
  • mommamills
    mommamills Posts: 437
    Options
    My problem with jumping rope is I always have to pee :laugh: After having my little boy, nothing is the same!

amen to that!
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    I used to jump rope at the gym, between sets of weight lifting. Also when I got bored with walking (it is flat here, with NO scenery) I brought the rope along and jumped in place and then going forward. Really shakes things up!!