Low carb high protein diet ideas

Options
2»

Replies

• Cheesy567
    Cheesy567 Posts: 1,186 Member
    Options
    MommaRou56 wrote: »
    I recently started a low carb diet. I was wondering if anyone has any suggestions about things to mix it up a bit. Although I love bacon and eggs, I'm tired of eating that every day. I don't have as much trouble with other meals, but the breakfast is getting to me. I have to admit I love bread, but I'm living without it.

Lately for breakfast I've been eating Plain Greek yogurt, mixing in some berries and flavor extract. I can make 4 days worth from the large yogurt tubs. Easy grab-and-go meal. Take some leftover meat along if you need to add some more protein.

Sautéed greens, ginger, and chicken make a great start to the day.

But my all-time favorite-- steak for breakfast! :wink:
  • Cheesy567
    Cheesy567 Posts: 1,186 Member
    Options
    li2cr8ozjsyx.jpeg

This is what I was put on to lose weight, maybe it can help. Low carb high protein diet.

This needs to be re-written-- LCHF is one of the least restrictive diets out there, but the page starts with a bolder list of "forbidden foods"? Could be done so much better!
  • ponycyndi
    ponycyndi Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    MommaRou56 wrote: »
    I recently started a low carb diet. I was wondering if anyone has any suggestions about things to mix it up a bit. Although I love bacon and eggs, I'm tired of eating that every day. I don't have as much trouble with other meals, but the breakfast is getting to me. I have to admit I love bread, but I'm living without it.

I like boiled eggs with salsa, or faux deviled eggs - fill them with cottage cheese blended with mustard and pickles. I also like scrambled eggs cooked with a few spoonfuls of cottage cheese. Ham, ham steaks, sausage, chorizo or even deli meat instead of the bacon.

I also like protein shakes when I'm in a hurry, or a protein pancake - it's basically egg and protein powder. There are lots of recipes for them online, even on here.