Protein bar as meal replacement

Options
2»

Replies

• SherriLynnLeeman
    SherriLynnLeeman Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I've been doing this for months... I LOVE oh yeah bars, as well as Lenny and Larry's cookies. I work long 10 hour days where I just don't have the time to sit and eat a real meal for lunch... I also don't have the time to prepare if the night before. I buy bars in bulk and leave them at work so I don't even have to think about packing a lunch. Another thing I like is Greek yogurt mixed with a half scoop or full scoop of protein powder (usually chocolate) with berries or pineapple to dunk into it. Very little prep work, I'll measure out the amounts at the beginning of the week and then pack it for the full week. I see people who eat HUGE lunches and I can't even fathom that. I'd rather hoard my calories to be able to eat a somewhat "normal" portion sized dinner with my family and not have to make a completely different meal (maybe just sub out some things, like a lettuce wrap instead of a bun for cheeseburger night.) Good luck!!!
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    Options
    I just looked at your diary and it seems as though you are eating well below your calorie goal and will continue to lose weight. Protein bars are fine, for meals or snacks, but being that far under your calorie goal does not keep you in maintenance.
  • llbrixon
    llbrixon Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    Have you thought about "Internment Fasting?"
  • michellesz
    michellesz Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    If you go this route, I would personally suggest making your own protein bars. They are so much healthier & with out all of ? ingredients that can't be pronounced :D & cheap & you can incorporate all of the goodness you want into them. So easy. For example, in sauce pan combine 1/2 cup preferred milk & 8 tblsp peanut butter & 1 tblsp+ honey. Warm up on low heat to melt & add cinnamon & 1 1/2 cups protein powder of choice (vanilla or chocolate peanut butter are great). Add uncooked oats & mix. Place in waxed 9x9 or other pan & pat firmly & freeze for 20 minutes. Then cut and pre-package servings. Calories and fat can be determined by you by adding any extras such as a handful of raisins & or top with a sprinkle of choc. chips or coconut or dried fruit/nuts/flax seed/chia seeds etc. Options are endless!
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    michellesz wrote: »
    If you go this route, I would personally suggest making your own protein bars. They are so much healthier & with out all of ? ingredients that can't be pronounced :D & cheap & you can incorporate all of the goodness you want into them. So easy. For example, in sauce pan combine 1/2 cup preferred milk & 8 tblsp peanut butter & 1 tblsp+ honey. Warm up on low heat to melt & add cinnamon & 1 1/2 cups protein powder of choice (vanilla or chocolate peanut butter are great). Add uncooked oats & mix. Place in waxed 9x9 or other pan & pat firmly & freeze for 20 minutes. Then cut and pre-package servings. Calories and fat can be determined by you by adding any extras such as a handful of raisins & or top with a sprinkle of choc. chips or coconut or dried fruit/nuts/flax seed/chia seeds etc. Options are endless!

@michellesz that sounds awesome, thank you. How do you store them?
  • gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,598 Member
    Options
    If it will keep you satisfied, then it will be all right. :)