Meal Prepping Recipes!

Options
hiyomi
hiyomi Posts: 906 Member
Hi everyone, I'm going to start meal prepping for the first time this week, and I wanted to know what some of your recipes are! More specifically I would like some good dinner and snack recipes! I have looked on youtube but some are very bland/boring ideas and wanted to look for some more on here! Pictures would be awesome too if you can post them up! Thanks in advance!

Replies

• RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    Perhaps use a slow cooker to make chili:
    http://blog.myfitnesspal.com/category/eat/recipes/soups-stews/
  • socioseguro
    socioseguro Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    I prepare my favorite foods and package lunch portions on glass containers ( Snapware).
    I use recipes for 4-6 portions each, therefore I have enough for the week.
    I use spices in my food. It is not bland at all.
    My snacks include: a) Greek Yogurt (plain) with fresh fruit of the season that I add manually ( now it is Strawberries). b) Fruit with cheese. c) Hummus with sliced vegetables ( celery, carrots,etc). d) cottage cheese with baked sweet potato wedges. e) Almond butter with pita bread slices.
    As mentioned before, start with your favorite food. These are my favorites.
    Good luck in your healthy journey
  • cabwj
    cabwj Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    My current go to is chicken salad, with lots of yummy things tossed in- apples, celery, craisins, walnuts... Cut down on the mayo if you choose, by adding plain greek yogurt, It's good for a sandwich or wrap or to toss in a big bowl of spring mix with cranberry sauce instead of salad dressing.

Another one is gazpacho- cold tomato and cucumber soup. This is great using V-8 as the base but's very sodium-heavy.

Best of luck to you, I find I am most successful when I meal prep for the week.
  • lucys1225
    lucys1225 Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    These are my three favorites. All freeze very well.

http://www.skinnytaste.com/carne-guisada-latin-beef-stew/

http://www.slenderkitchen.com/recipe/cheesy-enchilada-turkey-stuffed-peppers

Mexican Crockpot Soup

Ingredients:
    1 Tbsp olive oil
    2 lbs boneless chicken breasts (I used three)
    1 ½ cups chopped red onion
    2 chopped red bell peppers
    chicken bone broth (amount depends on how soupy you like it)
    ¼ cup chopped cilantro
    1 Tbsp Cumin
    2 Tbsp (or more) chopped chipotle chile in adobo
    6 cloves of garlic, roughly chopped
    2 (28oz) fire roasted tomatoes
    1 (4 oz) chopped green chilies, undrained
    vegetables, fresh or frozen
    Salt and pepper
    ¼ cup chopped cilantro

Instructions
    Heat a large skillet and brown the chicken in the olive oil.
    Add everything except the cilantro in the crockpot and stir it up
    Cook on low for 5 hours. Shred chicken and put it back in the pot. I add lots and lots of vegetables at this time (zucchini, cauliflower, green beans, spinach, etc.) and, if using fresh, cook for another hour or so. If using frozen, just through them in and the heat of the soup cooks them.