how do i build muscle using weights thank you :)

Options
so i joined a gym and there is a ton of machines there but im just not sure on how to build up muscles , do i just lift the most weight i can and do it for as long as i can ? . id like to get lifting like 30kg by the end of the summer at the minute i can just about lift 10kg :( would this be possible , thanks for the help , and i truly don't know what im talking about im a noob at this haha , feel free to add me as well :)

Replies

• sammyliftsandeats
    sammyliftsandeats Posts: 2,421 Member
    Options
  • rickyll
    rickyll Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    This is a HUGELY loaded question. There's too much to teach you for just a small reply. Look up weight training for beginners on youtube, read some books on the same subject. Educate yourself before you go in there otherwise you'll waste your time or even worse, hurt yourself.
  • webbz92
    webbz92 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Bodybuilding.com is a resource for articles, illustrations, and videos. They also offer free programs for specific goals. They have soooo many programs. They have workouts for male and female and then for fat loss or muscle gain and then even more choices. Most of the programs also offer a week of sample recipes to inspire you. Maybe look into Jamie Eason's live fit on bodybuilding.com. I'm very new to this too so these are just suggestions. I personally enjoyed exploring the website. I also like http://fitnessfooddiva.com/workouts/fitness-tips/6-weeks-summertime-slim-down-program/

I hope these websites prove to be informative or at the very least, inspiring. Good luck on your quest to build muscles. I'm right there with ya!
  • kirstinethornburg
    kirstinethornburg Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    Is there a trainer at your Gym ask them to guide you.
  • webbz92
    webbz92 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Yes just a few sessions with a PT may be very beneficial if you learn best with face to face interaction. He or she may even design a program just for you.
  • Bghere1
    Bghere1 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    get a subscription to one or several of the body building mags too. They almost ALWAYS have beginner routines