Need Breakfast Ideas

Options
Hi guys!
I'm looking for fast and easy, healthy and YUMMY breakfast ideas! I hate breakfast, but I know that it is important, so I force myself to eat it. Thought some new ideas might help me to get excited about it! (Nothing with bananas please - stupid allergy!!)

Replies

• CookNLift
    CookNLift Posts: 3,660 Member
    Options
    Stratas are one of my favorites bc you can make them for a couple of days and throw in basically anything you want. Essentially you throw day old bread cubed [I dont use this] and whisk some eggs and milk together with your favorite fillings like turkey ham chicken spinach peppers etc and pour over bread cubes in a baking dish. Let it sit overnight and bake it the next morning like a quiche.

I also like making quiche egg cups. Pour eggs milk and cheese with spinach or bacon into cupcake or muffin tins and bake.

I enjoy broiled [yes bRoiled] grapefruit or oranges either plain or drizzled with honey and sided with yogurt.

A fun fatboy healthy breakfast I do is a paleo chicken and waffle sandwich....make some coconut flour waffles and cook them up in a waffle machine...bake chicken thighs or breast after marinating it in sage maple syrup and rosemary. Serve on the waffles with some bacon [or turkey bacon]
  • phocid
    phocid Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Most mornings for me involve Fage 2% Greek Yogurt with homemade granola. I use the Alton Brown granola recipe as my base - though I omit the coconut and sub in a little flax seed and pecans. I also prefer dried cherries to raisins. Point is, you can't make a "wrong" combination with this recipe: http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/alton-brown/granola-recipe/index.html It holds nicely in the cupboard for weeks. I like to dip strawberries in the yogurt while eating.

On days when I'm eating at home rather than the office, I make a breakfast sandwich with toast, a fried egg, 1/4 slice of cheese, a slice of ham, and some avocado slices. I have chopped up fruit in my fridge at all times, so I always toss an assortment of fruit on the side of most meals.
  • SteviePaige
    Options
    Stratas are one of my favorites bc you can make them for a couple of days and throw in basically anything you want. Essentially you throw day old bread cubed [I dont use this] and whisk some eggs and milk together with your favorite fillings like turkey ham chicken spinach peppers etc and pour over bread cubes in a baking dish. Let it sit overnight and bake it the next morning like a quiche.

I also like making quiche egg cups. Pour eggs milk and cheese with spinach or bacon into cupcake or muffin tins and bake.

I enjoy broiled [yes bRoiled] grapefruit or oranges either plain or drizzled with honey and sided with yogurt.

A fun fatboy healthy breakfast I do is a paleo chicken and waffle sandwich....make some coconut flour waffles and cook them up in a waffle machine...bake chicken thighs or breast after marinating it in sage maple syrup and rosemary. Serve on the waffles with some bacon [or turkey bacon]

Wow you sound like quite the chef!!! Thanks for the ideas ;)