Hello

Options
Hey. I actually joined MFP in January. And I didn't do much after that, lol. Here it is July and I'm up twenty pounds from my starting weight in January. I'm tired, sluggish, and just feel blah.

I'm trying, during this lifelong journey, to love myself. I know that losing weight and having a different body won't change the way I feel about myself. And I'm hoping to meet some friends who've been there, done that.

So please feel free to FR me and I look forward to going down this road with you!

Replies

• MrsMariaDSmith
    MrsMariaDSmith Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I know how you feel! I put on 10 pounds in the last month. I was doing so well with MFP. I joined back in February and managed to lose 15 pounds. When I fell off track and saw that I had put 10 pounds back on I was so mad at myself. All that hard work for nothing! I am looking for motivational friends that can help keep me on track. It's so hard when everyone around you eats what they want and dont gain weight! Lol
  • delidot
    delidot Posts: 12
    Options
    I just rejoined today after losing 48 pounds on MFP, gaining 10 back and losing some of it. Want to lose 35 more pounds...guess this is a journey and we all need help and need to help each other.
  • 9thChakra
    9thChakra Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Hey AngieEmJay! I'll send you a FR. I also struggle and have decided to be more more open about it and also seek out some supportive folks here on MFP. Take care and all the best with your journey!

Oh...and here's what I wrote in my recent forum intro the other day:

Hello. I've been away from MFP for some time but I am back and want to start using it more frequently. If you would like, please read my profile to find out more about me.

For now:

-If you are someone who is interested in seeing what someone else is doing here, you are positive and you are not dependent on others for your happiness then you may want to consider following me.

-I have opened my diary, profile and blog to the public for those that are curious as to what someone else does here on MFP.

-I'm open to gaining "friends" who would like to follow my progress as little or as often as they want.

-I am currently interested in using the MFP site as a tool in my journey with food and movement rather than as a social network and will likely rarely communicate with the "friends" I make.

-When I do communicate I only post positive feedback.

-If "friends" want to communicate with me I respectfully ask that they consider posting minimal positive feedback and not taking it personally if I don't reciprocate. (Like I stated above...not really here for the social network).

Thanks so much for considering and have a great day!

9thChakra
  • cmb67
    cmb67 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Hey, me too! I joined in January, but never really got going. 10 pounds later, in April, I finally started seriously trying. [this is after successfully losing 30 pounds years ago, and then regaining that PLUS 30 more]

It's an ongoing battle! Good luck to all of us.
  • Burtowski
    Burtowski Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Good morning! MFP and I have had an on-again, off-again type relationship. This time HAS to be different, I NEED to commit! When I first started here, and going to the gym, I had lost 30#. "Took a break" around Christmas, and have gained back 25#. I'll send you an FR, maybe we can help keep one another on track!
  • ChicagoWalt
    Options
    Welcome back! You know I have your back....always!
  • wyldflowrr_6
    Options
    Sent a friend request. You can do this!!
  • RamonaMoon
    RamonaMoon Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    Hi there and welcome! I joined myself in April but only really started logging daily at the start of June. I have lost 7 lbs since then so it definitely helps! Anyone can feel free to add me, we all know that it is much harder to do alone than with a group of supportive people that are going through the same thing we are! Good luck to everyone :)