Fit to chubby and ready to be fit again!! Advice needed!!!

Options
jessicaquiros1994
jessicaquiros1994 Posts: 164 Member
edited June 2016 in Getting Started
I use to be really got then I slowly started to go down hill. I've now decided that it's time I start wanting more for myself and start taking better care of myself so I'm really working hard on trying to accomplish my goals BUT I'm not seeing that it's a little more challenging since I work night shift but I'm not using hat as an excuse I just need some advice on how to fit in all my meals and get my workouts in when I'm completely drained from working nights at the hospital. Any advice would be much appreciated!!

Replies

• hrw2112
    hrw2112 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Check out healthy living heavy lifting's articles on shift workers... might be useful :)
  • SethJordan
    SethJordan Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Find a picture of you when you were at your absolute worst and set it as your screen saver to remind you how unhappy you will be if you choose to be lazy. As far as working after long shifts, I would look into some preworkout supplements that maybe have less caffeine then usual so it doesn't keep you up after your workout but gives you enough energy and focus to get in a good workout. Goodluck!
  • MikePXstream
    MikePXstream Posts: 965 Member
    Options
    I work evenings, with a 1 hour commute. I know what you mean. I use my calendar on my phone to schedule my workouts, meal prep about 40% of my meals for the week. That seems to help. I'm also a family man, so I am constantly on the go to get the kids to their stuff, and still find time for my health and nutrition. Feel free to add me for support.
  • jessicaquiros1994
    jessicaquiros1994 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    SethJordan wrote: »
    Find a picture of you when you were at your absolute worst and set it as your screen saver to remind you how unhappy you will be if you choose to be lazy. As far as working after long shifts, I would look into some preworkout supplements that maybe have less caffeine then usual so it doesn't keep you up after your workout but gives you enough energy and focus to get in a good workout. Goodluck!

Thank you!! I'll look into that.
  • _Figgzie_
    _Figgzie_ Posts: 3,506 Member
    Options
    I am a shift worker too and the most important thing is to plan out all of your meals!! Prep them ahead of time and eat only what you bring with you to work.
  • vixtris
    vixtris Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    Plan out a schedule/routine you can stick with every day (or most days, you need some rest days after all!). Set a designated time in your day specifically for exercise. In your case, you may benefit from morning workouts, since you're tired in the evenings.
  • ajohnston64
    ajohnston64 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I use to be really got then I slowly started to go down hill. I've now decided that it's time I start wanting more for myself and start taking better care of myself so I'm really working hard on trying to accomplish my goals BUT I'm not seeing that it's a little more challenging since I work night shift but I'm not using hat as an excuse I just need some advice on how to fit in all my meals and get my workouts in when I'm completely drained from working nights at the hospital. Any advice would be much appreciated!!

Believe in yourself, push to the limit and you will achieve your goals. Rock on.