Post wisdom teeth diet

2»

Replies

• torims6
    torims6 Posts: 21 Member
    I may not be the most helpful since i was lucky and was eating solid foods the night after having four impacted teeth removed. I had my surgery at 11:00am and at 8:00pm I ate a peanut butter and jelly sandwich and next morning went to pilates. no pain, no swelling... my oral surgeon says i'm a "a freak of nature," but my friend had hers out around the same time and she had a rougher go of it. She ate eggs, applesauce, mashed cauliflower, greek yogurt, oatmeal, baked sweet potatoes and kale/spinach smoothies (no straw). Also something creative she did was take cereal (she liked Life Cereal best) and let it sit in the milk for like 20 minutes till it was super soft and soggy and then eat it.
  • tiffanyraylene
    tiffanyraylene Posts: 97 Member
    saving these ideas for when I get mine out! ;p
  • caly_man
    caly_man Posts: 281 Member
    i hate this because the inevitable is just around the corner for me
  • bettyann55
    bettyann55 Posts: 87 Member
    To am going through some major dental work and drink smoothies with both fruits and veggies and creamed soups. I also add protein powder to my smoothies.
  • bettyann55
    bettyann55 Posts: 87 Member
    START EATING SOLIDS! I can't stress this enough. Even a mushy mcdonalds cheeseburger. You need to work the muscles and get the jaws moving. I didn't eat solid foods soon enough and my jaw is still kind of sore 4 weeks later! liquid foods are a myth

My dentist instructed me to do jaw exercises to keep my jaw muscles active and to not eat solid foods for at least one week.
  • fadedflower79
    fadedflower79 Posts: 80 Member
    I worked as a dental assistant for several years with an OMFS (Oral Maxillofacial Surgeon) and we did a lot of extractions. First, a couple people mentioned using a straw, many dentists will advise against this as it is possible to remove the blood clot. Without a blood clot to initiate healing the bone is exposed and people then have "dry sockets." Many dentists will also recommend eating rather normal; I had pizza the day I had my teeth out. You just want to make sure you cut small bites so you do only a little bit of chewing. Things like rice or fruits with small seeds are a bad idea as they can fall in the sockets. Everyone is different though, maybe liquids are all you want right now but it isn't necessary. Warm packs can be soothing 20 min on 20 min off after eating.
  • jen_zz
    jen_zz Posts: 1,011 Member
    Blend a bunch of veggies for green smoothies, protein shakes, ice cream :D