what percentage breakdown should I have for carbs, fat and protein to lose weight steadily

Options
I am having a hard time coming down on the scale. I just started logging properly and i am not sure of the breakdown I should be using its been a week with no loss only up and down with in the same pound. I weigh 210 and my goal is 130-140 i'm 5'1. workouts-2-3 orange theory a week and between 1400-1650 cal a day 35% carb 40% fat 25% protein

please help I am forever struggling in the 200's - Maybe if I change my macros it could help????

Replies

• AngelinaB_
    AngelinaB_ Posts: 563 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    I am doing 50 carbs 20 protein and 30 fats but not religiously. Between 40 to 60 carbs, between 20 to 25 protein and fats sometimes more than 30. Ideally would be good to keep the fats lower than 30 imho.
  • terbusha
    terbusha Posts: 1,483 Member
    Options
    Weight loss is much more influenced by your total calorie intake. However, macros can optimize your progress. Here is what I would do.

What I do and what I recommend to people is to eat at a calorie level that allows you to make good progress towards your goal. If you are trying to lose weight, eat so you drop 1-2 lbs/week. This assumes an average calorie burn from you getting in all of your workouts. This will be different for everyone, so you'll have to do some trial and error to figure it out. I'd start ~1600 cal/day. Hit this goal, along with your macros and getting in your workouts, for 2 weeks. If you lose 1-2 lbs/week, you're good to go. If you lose too much, increase your intake and repeat. If you don't lose enough, reduce your intake a bit and repeat. After a few cycles, you'll figure out what works for you in your situation.

Protein: ~1.2 g/lb of lean body weight...so ~130-150 g/day
    Fat: 20-25% of calories
    Carbs: the rest of your calories
  • beatyfamily1
    beatyfamily1 Posts: 257 Member
    Options