Muffin top

Options
Is it not when your pants don't fit properly?

Replies

• Jack10310
    Jack10310 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately not always. I never had the "muffin top" until I had a c-section with my little boy. My body isn't quite as small as it used to be but the biggest change is in my mid section. It's hard to explain but regardless of how small my legs or upper body is, I have this constant spare tire that just hangs around my waste (yes, front to back). I have had pants tailored to fit properly to hide my "muffin top" but with cloths off it is still obviously there :(. A healthy low cal diet and exercising has helped. And yes, an ugly muffin top can be created and or accentuated by ill fitting pants.
  • emergencytennis
    emergencytennis Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    Cheers, Jack.

I had not considered how pregnancy might affect one's tummy. Could this be short-term dimensions?

This is where I a coming from.

I have 3 pairs of trousers - one is very hippy, one is nice and one gives me a muffin top.

I have 5 tennis skirts - one is very hippy, three are very nice and one gives me a muffin top.

I don't care about the muffin top at all, and I just think those 2 things are a bit too small.
  • emergencytennis
    emergencytennis Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    Cheers, Jack.

I had not considered how pregnancy might affect one's tummy. Could this be short-term dimensions?

This is where I am coming from.

I have 3 pairs of trousers - one is very hippy, one is nice and one gives me a muffin top.

I have 5 tennis skirts - one is very hippy, three are very nice and one gives me a muffin top.

I don't care about the muffin top at all, and I just think those 2 things are a bit too small.

eidt - spleling
  • RunnerElizabeth
    RunnerElizabeth Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately not always. I never had the "muffin top" until I had a c-section with my little boy. My body isn't quite as small as it used to be but the biggest change is in my mid section. It's hard to explain but regardless of how small my legs or upper body is, I have this constant spare tire that just hangs around my waste (yes, front to back). I have had pants tailored to fit properly to hide my "muffin top" but with cloths off it is still obviously there :(. A healthy low cal diet and exercising has helped. And yes, an ugly muffin top can be created and or accentuated by ill fitting pants.

Exactly. Very common for women after childbirth. I didn't have a c-section, but gained a lot of weight while pregnant and ended up with all this extra stuff that sits above my hips. Diet and excercise helps. Once I started adding body weight strength training it started to get a little better but now you can just see my ab definition on top of it. Working on further reducing my body fat percentage, if that doesn't help I'll start researching plastic surgeons.
  • stephenszymanski
    stephenszymanski Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I guess you can make a muffin top with pants being a wee bit tight, but usually it's already there.

I still have one, and it's the hardest part to get rid of because a majority of my fat is stored in my mid-section. It's gotten much smaller, but it's always there taunting me. Hopefully it'll be gone in the last 30 pounds.
  • Geojerm
    Geojerm Posts: 291 Member
    Options

Fellow c-section(er) here .... I found my stomach kinda hung above my scar on what I referred to as ' my shelf ' : (
    It's a lot better now, that was three years ago..... most clothes sit funny around that spot... but I'm still working on it !!

I'd like to proudly show off that scar : D