HELP.. Business lunch = Pizza - Cannot duck out

Options
2»

Replies

• ASKyle
    ASKyle Posts: 1,475 Member
    Options
    Eat the pizza. Eat a light breakfast to balance it out.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,996 Member
    Options
    I stretch out pizza by eating it with a big salad. If there's no time to arrange for a salad at this late date, eat the pizza slowly and chew it thoroughly.
  • sherbear702
    sherbear702 Posts: 649 Member
    Options
    If you want a piece have a piece (or two), whatever. If you're being strict with your logging, make it fit. If you don't want pizza, don't have pizza. If people think you're being rude for not partaking that is their problem. If someone like you were at my pizza lunch and didn’t eat I’d say Yea! More for me. Tell people you’re not hungry. It really doesn’t have to be complicated.
  • Tedebearduff
    Tedebearduff Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    Ok, how do I handle a business lunch that is pizza as only option. I cannot duck out and cannot be rude by not eating either.. What are my options?

You don't eat the pizza.... it's 2016, it's not rude if you don't eat *kitten* food. Grow some balls and be a leader too, cause a boss doesn't eat *kitten* pizza when they're not into it.

Also you can claim gluten allergy, bring your own lunch.... there are a million things... my company will special order stuff for anyone with dietary restrictions. That food to me is still *kitten* so I always bring my own, eat before or after... I get looks and questions when I bring my own food to a meeting, I just say I monitor what I eat and everything I put in my body is calculated. People who have been here for a long time get it ... it's more explaining to the new people.
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,136 Member
    Options
    If you don't want the pizza, don't eat it.
  • catsdogsh
    catsdogsh Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I skip the rest of my meals just so I can eat pizza once a month. Still losing weight
  • kgeyser
    kgeyser Posts: 22,505 Member
    Options
    If you don't want to eat it, don't eat it. If you are concerned about causing drama by not participating but still don't want to eat it, then take one slice and be so busy with the "business" part of the lunch that you don't get a chance to eat. Or decide to eat the pizza and just roll with it.
  • BillMcKay1
    BillMcKay1 Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Ok, how do I handle a business lunch that is pizza as only option. I cannot duck out and cannot be rude by not eating either.. What are my options?

It sounds like you really want to eat said pizza, so have a slice and carry on. I get not wanting to stick out at a business function by not eating what everyone else is, but it is not rude to decline and bring your own lunch ethier. Trust me in this day an age of glutenfree/lowcarb/vegan etc etc I think most people are accustomed to other people having particular eating habits/requirements.
  • lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 10,020 Member
    Options
    darlswife wrote: »
    Bring your own food and eat it before pizza, take a small slice and eat very slowly, or pick it apart so it looks like you ate it.

Don't pick it apart. Playing with your food is not a way to make a good impression at a business lunch.