Anyone do Tracy Anderson's vids?

Options
Colorscheme
Colorscheme Posts: 1,179 Member
My normal thing is walking 5-7 miles a day but I'm looking to switch up my routine. I don't go to the gym because I don't have my own car and I'm a full time parent with a toddler. I also have fibromyalgia and some other things and I find that using things with heavy weights sets it off big time. I won't be sore for one day, I'll be sore for days and be in such agony and so exhausted that it's just not worth it for me. I also have knee problems from a car accident that I was in a couple of years ago so I also avoid high impact activities.

I bought TA: Method Express because it's ten minute segments and it seems like it'll be easy to do while also having to take care of my son.

I am not going to be following her diet though, as I've heard it's a 700 cal diet and that's starvation.

If you've followed her vids, did you like it? dislike it?

I'm also going to be joining a community pool and my parents have a pool, so I'll be able to swim on the weekends.

Replies

• TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    My normal thing is walking 5-7 miles a day but I'm looking to switch up my routine. I don't go to the gym because I don't have my own car and I'm a full time parent with a toddler. I also have fibromyalgia and some other things and I find that using things with heavy weights sets it off big time. I won't be sore for one day, I'll be sore for days and be in such agony and so exhausted that it's just not worth it for me. I also have knee problems from a car accident that I was in a couple of years ago so I also avoid high impact activities.

I bought TA: Method Express because it's ten minute segments and it seems like it'll be easy to do while also having to take care of my son.

I am not going to be following her diet though, as I've heard it's a 700 cal diet and that's starvation.

I'm also going to be joining a community pool and my parents have a pool, so I'll be able to swim on the weekends.

She's got some nutty ideas, like "lifting more than 3 pounds makes a woman bulky" and that despite having zero fitness certifications......SHE has developed spot reducing workouts. If you like her videos stick with those, but as far as nutritional or other advice.....she's wacked.

http://thedailybanter.com/2013/09/tracy-anderson-and-the-myth-behind-celebrity-trainers-and-diets/

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/12/23/fashion/for-tracy-anderson-fitness-expert-always-a-new-move.html?_r=0

There are tons of videos out there. Just find something you will do regularly......that's a good thing.

For nutritional advice....look to people who are educated in the field.
  • Colorscheme
    Options
    TeaBea wrote: »

She's got some nutty ideas, like "lifting more than 3 pounds makes a woman bulky" and that despite having zero fitness certifications......SHE has developed spot reducing workouts. If you like her videos stick with those, but as far as nutritional or other advice.....she's wacked.

http://thedailybanter.com/2013/09/tracy-anderson-and-the-myth-behind-celebrity-trainers-and-diets/

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/12/23/fashion/for-tracy-anderson-fitness-expert-always-a-new-move.html?_r=0

There are tons of videos out there. Just find something you will do regularly......that's a good thing.

Yeah, that's what I've heard.
  • Packerjohn
    Packerjohn Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options
    She tells people to follow 700 calorie diets, What makes anyone think her exercise videos would be good?
  • cathipa
    cathipa Posts: 2,991 Member
    Options
    Check out Fitnessblender.com or an app like SWORKIT. Both are free and free of *kitten* information from people like TA
  • Colorscheme
    Options
    Packerjohn wrote: »
    She tells people to follow 700 calorie diets, What makes anyone think her exercise videos would be good?

Because her videos apparently have very good reviews. I will not follow the diet or nutrition advice.

• Packerjohn
    Packerjohn Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options

Because her videos apparently have very good reviews. I will not follow the diet or nutrition advice.

Do you honestly think that someone is spewing such screwed up advice on nutrition provides quality exercise videos.

I'd assume the people giving the videos high ratings are as clueless as Tracy is.
  • MissusMoon
    MissusMoon Posts: 1,900 Member
    Options

Yeah, but not lifting more than three pounds or spot reducing? That's nonsense. If the workouts do any good, it's probably by accident.
  • astrampe
    astrampe Posts: 2,169 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Absolute junk - get real workout dvd's, there are lots out there.... The woman is nuts, and the so called workouts follow the trend...
    If you want ten minute workouts, try Tony Horton's ten minute ones - at least you will do some real exercise then and not just stand there flapping your arms like a hurt penquin.....