Logging my Starbucks drink?

a_hounslow09
a_hounslow09 Posts: 36 Member
edited June 2016 in Food and Nutrition
I'm one of those a**holes with a complicated Starbucks drink... Anyone know how to figure the calories, and sugar content for it?

Grande non fat green tea frappuccino, no classic syrup, no whip, add protein.

Replies

• BZAH10
    BZAH10 Posts: 5,702 Member
    I think you can calculate that directly on their website. They have drop-downs where you can customize your order.

The only thing I'm unsure about is the protein, as I don't recall seeing it on their site, but if they offer it then I'd imagine the nutrition info would be available.
  • lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 9,950 Member
    http://www.starbucks.com/menu/drinks/frappuccino-blended-beverages/tazo-green-tea-frappuccino-blended-crème#size=11002681&milk=61&whip=NA

It's 280 calories with the classic syrup and without the protein.

You can't back out the classic syrup on the starbucks online calculator, and they don't mention protein on there -- I've never seen a starbucks that offered protein as an add-in. Are you doing that yourself? If so, just look at the label and log it.

You could ask how much syrup they put in a grande frapp, and if it's one of those bottled Italian syrups they use, I'm sure they'd let you look at the label if you ask, and you could figure it out for yourself. (They let me look at the labels on their nondairy "milks" to see if I could find one without added sugar, because I can't stand the taste of sugar in my coffee and espresso drinks.)

• a_hounslow09
    http://www.starbucks.com/menu/drinks/frappuccino-blended-beverages/tazo-green-tea-frappuccino-blended-crème#size=11002681&milk=61&whip=NA

It's 280 calories with the classic syrup and without the protein.

You can't back out the classic syrup on the starbucks online calculator, and they don't mention protein on there -- I've never seen a starbucks that offered protein as an add-in. Are you doing that yourself? If so, just look at the label and log it.

You could ask how much syrup they put in a grande frapp, and if it's one of those bottled Italian syrups they use, I'm sure they'd let you look at the label if you ask, and you could figure it out for yourself. (They let me look at the labels on their nondairy "milks" to see if I could find one without added sugar, because I can't stand the taste of sugar in my coffee and espresso drinks.)

They've had protein powder for years, I've been getting it in my drinks there for at least 8 years now. All the Starbucks have it, even the ones in grocery stores and targets.
  • 20yearsyounger
    20yearsyounger Posts: 1,643 Member
    They have in on their website. However, I went through and created a meal with all of the different combinations I like. I am one of those complicated drink A* holes as well. This is just the frappacinos. I get skinny mochas otherwise. I just order online now so I don't have to actually tell them. l5peu0phcmnj.jpg
  • a_hounslow09

That says only 6g protein per scoop, I don't think that's right... I think it's 20...

I emailed their customer service so hopefully I'll know soon...
  • 20yearsyounger
    I don't think it's 20. At least my body feels like it's 6. That's why I load up on the scoops.
  • a_hounslow09
    I don't think it's 20. At least my body feels like it's 6. That's why I load up on the scoops.

I think I got the 20g from here, MFP:o3mehdu0r3lb.png

• 20yearsyounger
    I can't remember where I got mine from, but trust me I looked at a lot of different entries since they were so many wrong ones. I settled in on the 6 from here and other websites. Ended up going with what was close to this - http://globalassets.starbucks.com/assets/7cd1d989cd0c4ddba75b22d53f7af8bc.pdf
  • _Waffle_
    _Waffle_ Posts: 13,049 Member
    I heard someone order a triple brownie nonfat frappuccino extra whip cream yesterday. Good thing it was nonfat.
  • 20yearsyounger
    _Waffle_ wrote: »
    I heard someone order a triple brownie nonfat frappuccino extra whip cream yesterday. Good thing it was nonfat.

LOL. That's how I feel sometimes....and no whip. But I have a good workout and load it up with 40-50g of protein so I don't feel bad :)
  • ASKyle
    ASKyle Posts: 1,475 Member

I think I got the 20g from here, MFP:o3mehdu0r3lb.png

I kind of doubt it because... 20 grams for only 50 calories? That just doesn't exist, even in straight chicken breast and/or the Premier protein shakes that I have which are 30 grams for 160 cals.

6g is likely correct.