Easy way to remember

Options
icandoit
icandoit Posts: 4,163 Member
I have changed my whole routine at the gym. Less of the machines and more of the free weights. I have been working out with my husband:grumble: , and when I am with him, it is easy, you just follow him. He does one exercise and I do another right next to him and switch with each completed set. No breaks in between.
Well....when I go without him, I get a bit confussed because when you follow you don't really think, you follow.
So, my husband and I sat down and thought of a way for me to remember without him there. Instead of doing certain body parts on a given day....ie. chest/shoulders or back and arms-I will now do pulling exercises one and pushing the next and my legs the following, and on the other 2 days I will take one for just cardio alone and the other I will focus on the major trouble spots.(there are a lot).
In my notebook-I wrote all the pulling exercises and grouped them into 2-so I can do one set jump to the next and go back forth until I have finished 4 sets of each. I mark the ones I did-how long I worked out and boy let me tell you, I don't look lost at the free weigths anymore.:tongue: I am also finding that working this way, I am working out longer because I think I am more focused. I am averageing 45 minutes of free wieghts now and 30-45 cardio. The soreness is going away, so I guess I need to step it up a notch.
Just thought I would share.

Replies

• icandoit
    icandoit Posts: 4,163 Member
    Options
    I have changed my whole routine at the gym. Less of the machines and more of the free weights. I have been working out with my husband:grumble: , and when I am with him, it is easy, you just follow him. He does one exercise and I do another right next to him and switch with each completed set. No breaks in between.
    Well....when I go without him, I get a bit confussed because when you follow you don't really think, you follow.
    So, my husband and I sat down and thought of a way for me to remember without him there. Instead of doing certain body parts on a given day....ie. chest/shoulders or back and arms-I will now do pulling exercises one and pushing the next and my legs the following, and on the other 2 days I will take one for just cardio alone and the other I will focus on the major trouble spots.(there are a lot).
    In my notebook-I wrote all the pulling exercises and grouped them into 2-so I can do one set jump to the next and go back forth until I have finished 4 sets of each. I mark the ones I did-how long I worked out and boy let me tell you, I don't look lost at the free weigths anymore.:tongue: I am also finding that working this way, I am working out longer because I think I am more focused. I am averageing 45 minutes of free wieghts now and 30-45 cardio. The soreness is going away, so I guess I need to step it up a notch.
    Just thought I would share.