And then i couldnt get on my horse...

Options
Need to lose so i can get on my horses and ride comfy again. Not to menton all the things i havent done with my kids.... I swore id never be that mom who wasnt active.... As of late thats me.

Replies

• bumblebums
    bumblebums Posts: 2,181 Member
    Options
    I am hoping to see an NSV post some day when you report on your horse thanking you for a lighter ride! :) It's a great goal, good luck!
  • flumi_f
    flumi_f Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options
    I wish you luck on your journey!

I can relate to that. I'm definitely noticing a difference in mounting after losing the 9kg I have. My horse is a 26yr old icelandic horse.

He's been carrying me around for the last 20yrs! Now he is slowly and gracefully ageing. He's blind on one eye, almost blind on the other, and still he works with and for me 4 times a week, enjoys our monthly riding lessons and apart from other smaller issues just enjoys life with his two stable mates.

He could go another 10 yrs easily. His riding days however, well I don't really know. Although I'm not losing weight for him, he too will profit from a lighter rider. As I will, because I will be able to ride him longer. As long as he wants to work, he may. And for later, there are lots of things to do from the ground to keep him bodily and mentally fit.

So I hope you can get back into that saddle soon! It is worth so much to share some time with a four legged friend.
  • aproctor1120
    Options
    We were on family vacation last week and went horseback riding. The first hurdle was swinging my rear end over the horse's rear end. The whole time I was apologizing to Smokey for the burden he had to bear...me! Next summer will be a different story for you and I.