No carbs please

2»

Replies

• PearBlossom9
    PearBlossom9 Posts: 136 Member
    My co workers are pretty supportive. I mean I don't expect them to not bring in treats or order pizza. They will offer as a kind gesture but I usually decline and say no carbs for me today! But I get it....it's tough being around pizza and donuts lol.

The best you can do is have low/no carb snacks ready to go. I have some 100 calorie packs of nuts in my desk. Pushing you to eat a donut? Eat your snack instead. Drink some water, or whatever beverage you like. I have some teabags I keep in my desk. It's not easy but you can do it.

• DamePiglet
    DamePiglet Posts: 3,730 Member
    You could quit your job. Then you can focus all your attention on not eating carbs and there will be no one to upset you.
  • Heirgreat
    Heirgreat Posts: 262 Member
    My friend is low carb -she never joins in at pizza party or donuts in lunch room- I always make sure I bring a low carb item for office potluck to support her and because it's a great way to eat- she knows what works for her( lost 120 pounds 8 yrs ago) she eats pizza if she wants one day a week- it works for her! Good luck - th
  • STEVE142142
    STEVE142142 Posts: 867 Member
    Your co-workers sound like inconsiderate A-holes! Stand your ground, hopefully they'll get bored soon and move on.

Took the words right out of my mouth.
  • ivanfawcettgibson
    ivanfawcettgibson Posts: 193 Member
    It appears saying that you don't eat carbs makes people minds do a backflip. They also make snide and unhelpful comments. "Oh, I couldn't give up carbs." "It's not normal!" Etc...
    These comments are par for the course, and should be dismissed.
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    It appears saying that you don't eat carbs makes people minds do a backflip. They also make snide and unhelpful comments. "Oh, I couldn't give up carbs." "It's not normal!" Etc...
    These comments are par for the course, and should be dismissed.

So helpful :/
  • JaneSnowe
    JaneSnowe Posts: 1,283 Member
    rankinsect wrote: »
    Teasing and deliberate sabotage is never cool. But what ARE you eating (or aiming to eat)? As far as I know, there's carbs in everything except meat, eggs and oil? Surely you must be eating some carbs?
    Maybe it's better not to announce changes in diet to everyone.

There's even some (very low) level of carbs in meat and eggs. Only processed oil and fat is completely carb free.

Plot twist: she's eating only oil and that's why her coworkers are after her to eat normal food.

On the bright side, she'd be the perfect candidate to answer the question from the thread about gaining more than a pound if you eat a pound of oil.
  • ivanfawcettgibson
    ivanfawcettgibson Posts: 193 Member
    queenliz99 wrote: »
    [

So helpful :/

Can't someone make a post on here without some smart comment?
    What are you supposed to do in this situation? Slap the colleagues with a hunk of rotting fish until they relent with their teasing?
    You can't physically do anything so ignore the comments. They'll soon get bored.
    You've just to stick to your guns and focus on the goal. In other words, these comments are par for the course and should be dismissed.
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,472 Member
    carbs are my fuel, I do 2 to 3 hours cardio a day, I need it.
  • yami0385
    yami0385 Posts: 70 Member
    araffoul wrote: »
    I am doing a no carb diet, and it seems like everyone at work decided to get together and start teasing me. They bring doughnuts buy pizza, which it's hard enough to walk away from. What's worse is that they beg me to take a bite, like its their sole mission in life to get me to eat crappy foods. It's getting harder and harder to stay strong and walk away... Anyone else feels this way?

Gotta ignore people ignorance I went through the same thing. Now everyone is asking how I lost the weight lol.

• lisahebert186
    lisahebert186 Posts: 736 Member
    Yes people are always bringing in foods and what's worse, we have vendors that bring in food. But since I have started I have gotten 5 more people on the lifestyle change bandwagon. Just hang in there. When they start to see your results, they'll follow suit.