To lose wait what is the very first thing you have to do?

Options
Ajgeek1
Ajgeek1 Posts: 4 Member
My thing is turning to get my diet down first because with out a healthy diet and cutting back on certain foods I won't lose weight. Diet in my opinion is the most important thing. What is yours?

Replies

• Mr_Stabbems
    Mr_Stabbems Posts: 4,771 Member
    Options
    It's the same for almost everyone my friend.

Burn more calories than you eat.
  • daniii756
    daniii756 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    First thing i did was set Goals then workout a meal plan i prep all my meals for the week on sunday that way i wont be tempted to dig into things that will throw me off and all my work outs i let my PT come up with but agreed Diet is key to a successful weight loss program or even bulking
  • solieco1
    solieco1 Posts: 1,559 Member
    Options
    Get your head in the game.
  • rankinsect
    rankinsect Posts: 2,238 Member
    Options
    I had a longer post about this - but I think the first thing to do is come up with a plan.

What are your health and fitness issues? What are your health and fitness objectives? What are the wildly important goals that will help you address those issues and meet those objectives?
  • amanda000002014
    amanda000002014 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I made a list of the foods that make me fat and I am cutting them out every two -3 weeks. I am focusing on one thing at a time to commit permanently. Right now I am working on Mountain Dew. I am down to one can a day and finding myself hating how sweet the taste is after drinking so much water. I do drink black coffee so I don't have a withdrawal. Sure I won't lose weight as fast as every one else but I don't want to just lose weight I ultimately want a healthy life style.
  • snowflake930
    snowflake930 Posts: 2,188 Member
    Options
    Fact. The only thing you have to do is eat less calories than you burn.
  • STEVE142142
    STEVE142142 Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    First thing you have to do for it to succeed is don't think of it as a diet but think of it as a lifestyle change. In diet you sacrifice things that you enjoy and you're miserable and most people fall off diets.

For this to work you have to consider it a lifestyle change. What you also have to realize is yes it does help to eat healthy but as long as you eat less calories than your body Burns you're going to lose weight whether you eat healthy or not. it's a simple matter of calories in vs. Calories out.

Also you don't have to give up any food that you enjoy as long as it fits within your daily calorie goals as set by MFP. I enjoy the occasional Wendy's hamburger or McDonald's ice cream cone or a beer on the beach. If I had to give that stuff up I couldn't do this and I wouldn't have lost all the weight that I lost. I'm actually enjoying this lifestyle change.

I could put you on an all Snickers diet and drinking regular Coke and as long as you're within your calorie limit to lose weight you would lose weight versus eating healthy and going over your calorie limit.

Most importantly you have to find a personal why. Without that why it won't work. In my opinion that why has to be totally selfish it can't be for your significant other it can't be for the kids it has to be for you because we all go through rough times that'll get us off track. And one last thing you also have to believe that you're worth it but you are good luck in your journey
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    rankinsect wrote: »
    I had a longer post about this - but I think the first thing to do is come up with a plan.

What are your health and fitness issues? What are your health and fitness objectives? What are the wildly important goals that will help you address those issues and meet those objectives?

THIS.