misfit shine

Options
fishshark
fishshark Posts: 1,886 Member
I have a Fitbit Charge HR and i love it, but i swim everyday. I was thinking about getting the Misfit Shine for when I am swimming. For those who have it... is calorie burn accuate? I assume it doesnt track my HR.

Replies

• amcso1234
    amcso1234 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I have a MisFit Shine; I love it...but no, it does not track HR.
  • pebble4321
    pebble4321 Posts: 1,132 Member
    Options
    I found that it was reasonably accurate, though that was for walking and running. The app software and connection to MFP was pretty flakey and support were not especially helpful. To be honest, I was very glad when I lost it (it pops out of the wrist band pretty easily), as it was just $110 worth of stress for me.
    However, I see that the model I had is selling for half that price now, so if you can get one for not too much money it's probably worth giving it a try. Make sure you keep your receipt though, then if it doesn't work for you, take it right back!
  • kiela64
    kiela64 Posts: 1,447 Member
    Options
    After I wore out my Misfit Flash's original battery, and replaced it, it's been working sporadically. For swimming, I find that actually keeping track of your laps (distance) and time is more accurate. It's usually about a 50-100cal overestimate. I think Misfit is useful, but if you already have one activity tracker that you use, just counting laps & time would be more accurate & free lol.
  • ronjsteele1
    ronjsteele1 Posts: 1,064 Member
    Options
    I have a shine and I love it but I never put it in water. I read too many cases (with all brands of trackers) of "waterproof" trackers not being so waterproof and getting ruined. I don't care enough when I'm in the shower to track that movement. So personally, I wouldn't wear it swimming. @pebble4321, the newer Shine has a piece across the back that prevents it from popping out. I've never had issue with mine and I've been wearing it night/day for almost 6 months. Sounds like they've made some improvements to it. And yeah, mine was only $48.